Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #34906
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Feeding the cat.

Step one - wash cat's bowl and move to kitchen to get food.

Step two - notice the Gecko on the kitchen floor before the cat does, but fail to react quickly enough.

Step three - grab cat by tail (because cat's reaction time is quick) and remove him to another room and shut door.

Step four - spend a stoopidd amount of time chasing gecko around kitchen floor (usually I am Pretty good at catching to rescue lizards).

Step five - finally catch gecko minus wriggling tail, and remove it to the garden.

Step six - let the cat out who eats the tail and complains about the rest of the gecko missing.

Step seven - put cat meat into cat bowl and give to cat.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #34907
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
And people wonder why I prefer dogs....
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #34908
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
@SS - sounds like my weekend - it was unusually warm & all the bugs came out - into the house! Where Stella is a relentless hunter - she will literally demolish the house to track down (and play with) a bug! And she is big enough to do some damage. Fortunately when she notices a bug, she makes a distinctive hunting "chirp" that alerts me to jump up and remove the intended victim.

Sunday - I caught 3 lady bugs & 1 unidentified flying something - and moved them onto the deck - while hotly pursued by Stella!

P.S. We've only had a lizard (skink) in the house once - I've never seen Goldie cat move so fast - as she chased it through the rooms. I trapped the lizard by throwing a magazine over it - it froze in the "dark" - and I could scoop it up and toss it onto the deck.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #34909
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I am keeping my daughter(23) from dressing up our poor cat Polly again. She has bought her a sweater 'for the cold, mother', a sparkling red christmas tie and a headpiece of a kind of reindeer horns......ahem

Preparing myself for my journey to Egypt at the end of the week.

edit: no: no photo's of our cat

Last edited by desertblues; 11-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #34910
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
@SS - sounds like my weekend - it was unusually warm & all the bugs came out - into the house! Where Stella is a relentless hunter - she will literally demolish the house to track down (and play with) a bug! And she is big enough to do some damage. Fortunately when she notices a bug, she makes a distinctive hunting "chirp" that alerts me to jump up and remove the intended victim.

Sunday - I caught 3 lady bugs & 1 unidentified flying something - and moved them onto the deck - while hotly pursued by Stella!

P.S. We've only had a lizard (skink) in the house once - I've never seen Goldie cat move so fast - as she chased it through the rooms. I trapped the lizard by throwing a magazine over it - it froze in the "dark" - and I could scoop it up and toss it onto the deck.
I would do something similar with little birds my Grandmother's cat would bring into her house...but I used a hand towel or dishrag. After shutting the cat in another room of course.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #34911
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you heard a scream earlier today, it was probably me.

I have been monitoring Emily (the spider living on our front porch) for several days - during which we had some cold (in the 30's F) weather and she hadn't moved at all. Plus the web was damaged and not being repaired. We feared that nature had taken its course and she had expired. So we decided to take down the Caution warning tape (which protected her during Halloween) and move the web - with her in it - along with her egg case to some bushes - to give the young 'uns some protection & shelter to hatch and grow up in. Well - we snagged the top of the web onto a branch and tugged it free of the porch railing - whereupon she began to move! By the time we got to the designated nursery bush, she was on top of the branch and heading towards us! The branch/web/spider combination was hurriedly placed in the bush & we ran for it!

Once my heart rate has dropped a bit, I'll go back & visit the bush to check on the family!
I miss her very much when I pass the front door and reflexively look out the side light to check on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Very few things in this world are as frightening as a spider (or centipede) and heading directly towards you! Personally, I would have called in an air strike. I sincerely hope you had sufficient quantities of Scotch on hand to deal with it. Repeat after me.... Oooooooommmmm..... Ooooooommmmm...... Oooooommmmm......

Stitchawl
Would this be a bad time to mention I've let a live black widow crawl back and forth from one of my hands to the other?

I have an hypothesis that most animals won't harm you if you don't harm them. I know that doesn't always hold true, but I've been lucky so far. I've also held a scorpion, but that was in a pet store.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #34912
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Feeding the cat.

...Step six - let the cat out who eats the tail and complains about the rest of the gecko missing....
Christian used to bring us all sorts of surprises—like freshly slaughtered baby bunny heads to decorate the middle of the family room rug. He doesn't do that anymore. Doesn't do much of anything anymore. He's 20 years old and moving kind of slow these days.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #34913
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I am keeping my daughter(23) from dressing up our poor cat Polly again. She has bought her a sweater 'for the cold, mother', a sparkling red christmas tie and a headpiece of a kind of reindeer horns......ahem

Preparing myself for my journey to Egypt at the end of the week.

edit: no: no photo's of our cat
Aw, that would be such a great photo.... especially with the little reindeer horns headpiece.

I hope you have a great time on your trip to Egypt. Is it for fun or for work?

Right now, I am being lazy and enjoying the rest of my morning coffee.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #34914
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Aw, that would be such a great photo.... especially with the little reindeer horns headpiece.

I hope you have a great time on your trip to Egypt. Is it for fun or for work?
Polly is a sweet animal and a huntress. There's this piece of paper on the fridge, where her catch, which she brings into the house, is noted. So far:
10 mice, half alive +several creeping crawlies+ 1 blackbird, 2 finches, 1 tomtit.

Thanks for the wishes, Dreams.
I'm going to Egypt for fun, for two weeks; from a child on I wanted to see the pyramids for myself, and the excavations in the Valley of the Kings and all.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #34915
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Christian used to bring us all sorts of surprises—like freshly slaughtered baby bunny heads to decorate the middle of the family room rug. He doesn't do that anymore. Doesn't do much of anything anymore. He's 20 years old and moving kind of slow these days.
Tiger just left the mouse guts in the middle of the floor in the bathroom...which I usually found in the middle of the night by stepping on them.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #34916
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
... Preparing myself for my journey to Egypt at the end of the week. :thumbsup ...
Bon voyage. When you get back, you should compare notes with HarryT.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #34917
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Bon voyage. When you get back, you should compare notes with HarryT.
Thank you. I admit that at the time, I was slightly envious on reading that he was going.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #34918
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Egypt is wonderful. I very much enjoyed my trip there. I went five years ago.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #34919
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Finished work late, about to eat then a bit of relaxing before hitting the hay.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #34920
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Just made a batch of dip (cheese, beef, onions, tomatoes) then decided I wasn't really hungry, so getting ready to settle in for a few hours playing Skyrim while drinking a nice, nutritious glass of milk.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?