Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-30-2007, 02:20 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais9000
Thanks for sharing this. I'm impressed by what you've done so far -- but because Book Designer won't let us load an .lrf file directly, it's hard to learn how you got effects like the footers, etc. Would it be possible for you to upload the source in htm or another readable format so we can follow in your footsteps!?
To do "footers", all you have to do is go to the "Edit" menu and select "Notes and Links" (there's a toolbar button for it, too). You'll see a dialog box with two columns - "All notes" on the left, and "Links of chosen note" on the right.

Select the text that you want to jump to and click the "Add" button under the left-hand column. A new "note" will appear in that column. Select it. Now, everywhere that you want to "link" to that text, highlight the "link" text, and click the "Add" button under the "Links of chosen note" column on the right.

That's all there is to it. Now, in BD, when you hover the mouse over the "link", a pop-up window should appear and show you the "note" that's being linked to. On the Reader itself, both the "Link" and the "Note" appear as "hyperlinks", pointing at each other.

You can use this same method to create tables of contents, etc - it's a general "hyperlink" facility. Very useful indeed!

Hope that helps! Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else you'd like explained.

Last edited by HarryT; 03-30-2007 at 02:36 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just uploaded v2 of the book. The file, and a description of the changes, are in the first message in the thread.
Advert
Old 04-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #18
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
Thanks for the help, Harry. I'm having some trouble inserting page breaks. Using the "insert page break after selection" button on the Corrector window inserts a line, but the line doesn't render as a page break when the file is converted to a Sony Reader file. I've also tried copying formatting from chapter end/chapter start where page breaks actually do appear, and inserting this in the HTML Fragment Editor -- but only the text gets copied, not the page break. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Anais9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

When you click the "Make Sony Reader e-Book" button, you get a dialog with three tabs. Go to the "Options" tab and, at the right side, check the "User page breaks" button. Your "manual" page breaks will now appear in the LRF file.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #20
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks again. I notice your books have the same problem I had with the underline of the table of contents hanging out one extra place to the left. I managed to solve that by inserting a single nbsp between the DIV and A tags:
[DIV align=left] ADD ampersandNBSP; HERE
[A href="file:///C:whatever#bdn__1"]I.ChapterOne[/A]

If the chapter titles are guaranteed short enough not to break at the largest size, you can also change the spaces to no-break-spaces so that the whole chapter title gets underlined, and also has the "highlight on mouseover" effect.

Now the only thing on my wishlist is to be able to remove the underline altogether from the TOC, like most of the TOCs in the commercial Sony ebooks, and maybe be able to format them using FONT tags etc. Anybody have ideas?
Advert
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip - I appreciate it!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:52 PM   #22
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Errors in the text

I am reading your excellent edition now and am very happy to rediscover Dickens. Would you like to receive any errors I find in the text while I am reading it? I have found 2, possibly 3 minor errors at the halfway mark.
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Absolutely, yes! Once you've finished, I'll correct them and upload a new edition.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
Anais9000
Connoisseur

re that tip concerning the extra underline to the left, I forgot to mention that the align attribute for the DIV has to be changed from "justify" to "left", as shown in the example
Old 04-15-2007, 03:50 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

A couple of readers have found and reported some minor typos in the original PG text. I've fixed these and uploaded a new v3. If you've already downloaded the older version you may wish to download this v3 in order to have a more "correct" book for long-term storage.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Something strange?

An interesting anamoly on this title is that the chapter links do not go directly to the chapter. The chapter page is actually the NEXT page. I experimented with about 3 chapters and this anomoly occurs on all three. (I checked with my v2 and the same thing happens.)

However, on your Austen titles, the links are active (i.e., underlined) and the link goes directly to the chapter.

Have you noticed this?

By the way, I absolutely love Dickens' work, and have a beautiful set (somewhat expensive, but minus the last volume - a dictionary, I think it is), and "Bleak House is also one of my favorite titles by him.

Thank you so much.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-15-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:22 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes, I've noticed that. The chapter links were in the original HTML file, and it seems that BD has done something slightly odd with them. This was one of the first books I did - now I always re-do the links manually.

I don't really think it affects the "usibility" of the book; just a minor mystery!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I agree with you that title is MORE than usuable: It's a feast!!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Uploaded new v4 with significant improvements in the formatting of the book, as a result of a manual comparison with a printed "Oxford Illustrated Dickens". Please see the first message in the thread for details of the changes made.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Replaced words in capitals with italics, where appropriate, to match printed book. Uploaded v6.