Old 07-28-2016, 05:06 AM   #1
albert_z
albert_z began at the beginning.

Device: none
[convert to pdf] Total number of pages in footer

I know I can count current pages in the footer using something like

Code:
ebook-convert infile outfile.pdf --pdf-footer-template "Page _PAGENUM_"
That works. However, I'd very much like to display the page number in relation to the total, e.g. "Page 7 of 9" and the like.

I've looked for a way to get that, not found any, and now turn to the wisdom of the community...

Thank you very much!
albert_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way to do that. Doing that would require rendering the PDF twice, since the only way to know the total number of pages is to actually render the PDF.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2016, 04:42 AM   #3
albert_z
albert_z began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ok, thank you. Rendering twice is probably what I'll do then -- really want the "2 of 8" style.
albert_z is offline   Reply With Quote