Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
Humble eBook Bundle 2

The Humble Bundle started as a set of indie games for which gamers could pay what they wanted to pay, and the proceeds benefit charity. Humble is now offering an ebook bundle as well:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The books in the bundle are:
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Boneshaker by Cheri Priest
Spin by Robert Charles Wilson
Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold

If one elects to pay more than the average, one also gets The Last Unicorn: Deluxe Edition by Peter Beagle and Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton.

The books are DRM free and available in the usual mobi, epub, etc.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Thanks. Had not seen this one yet. Funny thing is... I was just looking at Boneshaker the other day...
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I was just looking at The Last Unicorn today.

Already got three of those, but I bought the bundle anyway. I thought it was worth it for the two I wanted. That's a pretty high quality list if you don't have any of them.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I was just looking at The Last Unicorn today.

Already got three of those, but I bought the bundle anyway. I thought it was worth it for the two I wanted. That's a pretty high quality list if you don't have any of them.
The only one I probably already have is the Lois McMaster Bujold one (from a Baen CD giveaway)...
Old 07-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I just might get this for the Wil Wheaton book.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
hwlester
Wizard

Ha, I finally got the email from them. BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if they added another couple of bonus books to the bundle. They did that last time and commonly add additional titles to their game bundles.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Humblebundle promotion

Not sure if I should tack this on here but Humble Bundle is doing another ebook bundle as well:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

I have read "Spin" and I thought it was excellent.

eP

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2013 at 01:17 PM.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast
sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (sangria red), PRS-350 (silber), Galaxy Tab
I just got here to promote both bundles.
These books seem very interesting.
sunsetsylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
These posts have been merged to the thread that has already been started for humblebundle, since they are about a different promotional scheme from a different vendor.

(Correction made)

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-04-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
hwlester
Wizard

As I suspected, they added a few additional bonus books to the bundle if you pay more than the average (or if you've already purchased it and paid more than the average at the time you purchased). The additional bonus titles are:

xkcd: volume 0 by Randall Munroe
Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean
The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black
Machine of Death by Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo, David Malki, and Contributors

The first two are a comic collection and a graphic novel respectively and were included in the previous Humble eBook Bundle in case you missed it, but the last two are brand new additions.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
As I suspected, they added a few additional bonus books to the bundle if you pay more than the average (or if you've already purchased it and paid more than the average at the time you purchased). The additional bonus titles are:

xkcd: volume 0 by Randall Munroe
Signal to Noise by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean
The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black
Machine of Death by Ryan North, Matthew Bennardo, David Malki, and Contributors

The first two are a comic collection and a graphic novel respectively and were included in the previous Humble eBook Bundle in case you missed it, but the last two are brand new additions.
I have the last of them, from some previous giveaway, also. Since I also had everything in the main bundle, I skipped this one (I think only two bonuses were not in my library).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #12
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Some of the books are subject to geographic restrictions, e.g. Cherie Priest's Boneshaker is not available from Amazon, Kobo, etc. in New Zealand. (Bizarrely, but not unusually, the other books in that series are available here!). If I buy the Humble Bundle will I be able to download the books?

Has anyone else bought the bundle from a country where the books are subject to geographic restrictions? Any problems?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #13
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The books are downloadable drm-free from the humblebundle site. I don't think geographical restrictions come into it.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
The books are downloadable drm-free from the humblebundle site. I don't think geographical restrictions come into it.
Thanks, I bought the bundle, no problems. It still seems a bit strange that the publishers don't allow other retailers to sell me some of these books claiming they lack the rights for my country, but allow humble bundle to sell them without restriction.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #15
DrNefario
Wizard

Yes, I'm not sure how thoroughly it's been cleared with publishers in other territories. Although maybe that's what limits the books that can be offered.