Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Shakespeare Dramas on BBC Radio

BBC Radio are currently doing a short series of radio versions of Shakespeare plays. I'm afraid the first one (Twelfth Night)'s gone, but the second, "Romeo and Juliet" is available to download as an MP3 file from:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/so3

until next Sunday. I believe it should be available world-wide; radio programmes generally are.

The final one in the series, "The Tempest", will be available from Sunday.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David Tennant's in it, by the way.
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Downloading it already. David Tennant is a big plus, BTW.

Thanks for the info.
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're very welcome .
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
BBC Radio are currently doing a short series of radio versions of Shakespeare plays. I'm afraid the first one (Twelfth Night)'s gone, but the second, "Romeo and Juliet" is available to download as an MP3 file from:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/so3

until next Sunday. I believe it should be available world-wide; radio programmes generally are.

The final one in the series, "The Tempest", will be available from Sunday.
Damn it! I would have loved to get Twelfth Night. Oh well I'll just have to console myself with "Romeo and Juliet" and "The Tempest" then.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Damn it! I would have loved to get Twelfth Night. Oh well I'll just have to console myself with "Romeo and Juliet" and "The Tempest" then.
Twelfth Night is still available for listening on BBC Radio 3 for another 13 days.

Twelfth Night - BBC Radio 3
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Wasgo
Connoisseur
Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
The completist in me is actually sad that that I found out after the first one is gone. Now I'll only ever get 2 out of 3.

Thanks for the link though.
Wasgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post
The completist in me is actually sad that that I found out after the first one is gone. Now I'll only ever get 2 out of 3.

Ditto. Wonder why they'd have it up for streaming but not download. I'd think they will use up more bandwidth that way?
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasgo View Post

+1 for being a completest
Old 05-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
David Tennant's in it, by the way.
I hope it has Amy Pond and Rory in it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Twelfth Night is still available for listening on BBC Radio 3 for another 13 days.

Twelfth Night - BBC Radio 3
Do a Google search for "get_iplayer". It's an open source program for downloading from the iPlayer streaming site.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Do a Google search for "get_iplayer". It's an open source program for downloading from the iPlayer streaming site.
Thanks, I appreciate the link.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

A companion piece to go along with these Shakespeare plays is this from BBC Radio 4:

Shakespeare’s Restless World

Quote:
British Museum Director Neil MacGregor presents Shakespeare's Restless World. The 20-part series looks at the world through the eyes of Shakespeare's audience by exploring objects from that turbulent period.
Each episode is 14 minutes long (~5 hours total) and broadcast Mon-Fri. They've already released 11 so far. There is no expiration on these downloads, so you'll be able to collect the entire series.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:55 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
A companion piece to go along with these Shakespeare plays is this from BBC Radio 4:

Shakespeare’s Restless World

Each episode is 14 minutes long (~5 hours total) and broadcast Mon-Fri. They've already released 11 so far. There is no expiration on these downloads, so you'll be able to collect the entire series.
The British Museum are staging a major exhibition about Shakespeare starting in July. These BBC things are probably associated with that.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
The British Museum are staging a major exhibition about Shakespeare starting in July. These BBC things are probably associated with that.
Would love to see it; but that means I'd have to become a travelin' monkey.