Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Thanks guys. These are very interesting
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #17
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I downloaded Awesome notes lite and played with it a little. I don't know if I'll buy the full version because I don't have much need for its functionalities, but it looks very nice. The two weak points for me are the horrid French translation (English seems to be slightly better but is not the developer's mother tongue apparently) and the fact that it's not integrated with gmail's to-do list. Otherwise it's a good app for notes, diaries, lists...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #18
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
I downloaded Pocket Casts today. Works well for downloading and managing podcasts without having to sync to iTunes.

I fall more in love with the Kindle app every day.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #19
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I downloaded Pocket Casts today. Works well for downloading and managing podcasts without having to sync to iTunes.

I fall more in love with the Kindle app every day.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
For my iPad 2:

Kindle
Netflix
Atomic Web Browser
Flipboard
CloudReaders (comics)

Those 5 honestly make up around 80-90% of my iPad time, the rest being gaming/other apps.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #21
RockdaMan
Banned

I've bumped off Twitteriffic for a new guy on the block -- TweetFire. Again, I don't tweet, I just use it for reading the news. I like that I can use it for adjusting my lists and I like the way I can use it for selecting lists too.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #22
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
Yes, with SugarSync you can Navigate to any folder to flag it to be synced.
-edit-
If you try SugarSync make sure you get the free 5 gig account. It's a small text link under the big paid account icons.
SurgarSync wins in an interesting comparison. Read article Best Way To Store Stuff in the Cloud
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #23
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
I've some staples on my iPhone 3G. But I have not explored new possibilities since I got them, so there might be better ones.

- WhatsApp: I got it during its free trial-run, and now with the group-chat capability, it is still worth purchasing.
- Stanza: I used this to read before I got my Nook.
- iXpenseIt: To keep track of my spending. I have the paid version and it has not failed me thus far.
- Skype: This is free, and I purchase 120 mins of credit to local mobile/residential lines for use when I'm abroad. Cheap, decent.
- Sleep Cycle: I have not used this in a while, but it used to detect my abnormal sleeping patterns, and wake me up just before I go into deep sleep. It was awesome, but don't expect miracles in the first couple nights.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #24
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
The best apps I have are:

All of Wiki
TouchMouse
Photosynth
Audiobooks
Stanza (won't work anymore on iOS 5, so it's dead...)

I am just satisfied with all these.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #25
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
What's the best audiobooks app, anyone, and why is it best?
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #26
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
TouchMouse
What do you use it for?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #27
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
What's the best audiobooks app, anyone, and why is it best?
I use audible for Audible bought stuff, and Overdrive for stuff from the library.

No best...but different, both competent.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #28
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
What do you use it for?
It's remote mouse and keyboard app and can give you full screen keyboard/full screen mouse and that all for free. It also has defalut screen with mouse on top and keyboard on bottom.

I usually use it as remote when I watch movies and mouse/keyboard is out of reach.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #29
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
It's remote mouse and keyboard app and can give you full screen keyboard/full screen mouse and that all for free. It also has defalut screen with mouse on top and keyboard on bottom.

I usually use it as remote when I watch movies and mouse/keyboard is out of reach.
Do you mean that you can control your computer with it? Mac or PC?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 AM   #30
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

I looked at Touchmouse in the app store. It does allow you to control you PC or Mac from the iPad. You need to install a software on the computer. Sounds interesting if you have connected the computer to the TV.