Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #826
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Happy New Year all!

In the Utilities, I've checked the "Backup Database of Device" option. A folder where the backup should be stored is defined. But each time when I connect the device, I receive this error message:
Code:
*** in database main ***
Page 76 is never used

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 184, in do_device_database_backup
Exception: 
*** in database main ***
Page 76 is never used
I have no idea whwt is happening. Can someone help, please?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #827
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Leonatus: After taking a backup of the database, it is checked for errors. If there are any errors, then the backup file is renamed to include "CORRUPT". The plugin doesn't care what the error is, just that the error checking reported one.

In this case, it is a harmless error. A page has been allocated in the database, but doesn't have anything pointing to it. If you compress the database, it will clean this up and the error will go away.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:07 AM   #828
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo Utilities plugin - V2.0.0

I have just released version 2.0.0 of the plugin. This adds three new functions and involved a major rewrite of the background code.

The new function is:
  • Handling of multiple Kobo devices through profiles and recognition of the devices.
  • Remove Annotation files
  • Set Related Books.
There are also some smaller changes such as a fix for something that was causing problems when using Calibre Companion. Also, the help has been updated with the new function and some of the things that have been missing. It is still incomplete, but it is better than before. While updating the help, I created an ePub of the help. And Terisa has been kind enough to update the Spanish translation.

Multiple devices and Profiles
The major change is for the handling of multiple Kobo devices. The reason for doing this was to allow storing of the reading status for different people using different devices. This is done by creating profiles for the store/restore function that can use different sets of custom column. Each profile can be set to be used for a different device. As with the previous store/restore options, the profiles are created for the current calibre library. The current configuration will be migrated to a profile for all devices. This profile is called "Migrated". If you only have one Kobo device, you can use this with no changes.

As well as profiles for store/restore, the database backup and firmware check can be configured for all devices or each device individually.

These options are all in the configuration dialog. This has been changed to have three tabs; one each for "Profiles", "Devices" and "Other". The last is where general options such as the button and shortcut configuration is done.

Remove Annotation files
This is to remove the annotations files created when reading ePubs on the main memory. This is useful because of the bug when reopening epubs and the annotations list gets messed up. Also, the device doesn't delete the files, so if you send a book again, it can reopen with the old annotations. Of course, that can be handy.

There are several options for which files to remove. Personally, I just remove them all.

Set Related Books
The details screen for books has a tab for "Related books". For books from Kobo, this is populated with books that Kobo think are related. This can be books in the same series, by the same author, genre or something else. For sideloaded books, the tab is there, but it is empty.

This function sets the related books for sideloaded books. They can be set to either series or authors. When the function is selected, it displays a dialog with these options. Select which is desired and press "Get list". This displays the list of series or authors with a count of books. The list can be edited. When "OK" is pressed, all books in author or series in the list have all the other books added as a related book entry.

The dialog also has a "Delete All" button. Pressing this will remove all the related book entries for all sideloaded books.

This is an alternative to creating a shelf for the series.

As usual, calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #829
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
I've got a problem with the 2.0.0. Every time I press the toolbar button or select "customize plugin" from the pull down menu, I get an unhandled exception:
Code:
calibre, version 2.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QWidget.setEnabled(bool): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

calibre 2.15 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && KoboTouchExtended && Hyphenate This! && Kobo Utilities && Annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 580, in toolbar_button_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 636, in show_configuration
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.__init__", line 61, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1311, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 687, in refresh_current_profile_info
TypeError: QWidget.setEnabled(bool): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #830
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoichi View Post
I've got a problem with the 2.0.0. Every time I press the toolbar button or select "customize plugin" from the pull down menu, I get an unhandled exception:
I can say it's working for me. with Calibre 2.15.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #831
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Hi! I just updated Calibre to 2.15 and the plugin to 2.0. Now, I can't seem to do a backup of my Kobo Aura upon connecting it to Calibre (I set it to automatically backup daily). I keep getting this error:
Quote:
calibre, version 2.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'backupEachCOnnection'

calibre 2.15 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-14.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '14.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.8
OSX: ('10.10.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kobo Utilities
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 257, in _on_device_metadata_available
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 955, in auto_backup_device_database
KeyError: u'backupEachCOnnection'
How do I fix this?

ETA: Nevermind. Found the fix for it. Apparently, either Calibre or the updated plugin removed my Aura from the list of supported devices in the Customise Kobo Utilities option of the plugin.

Last edited by melovesflying; 01-03-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #832
DJMOON
DJMOON began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, I've updated to Calibre 2.15 and the new Plugin and get the following as soon as Calibre restarts with the Kobo Glo connected

calibre, version 2.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'storeOnConnect'

calibre 2.15 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Open With && KoboTouchExtended && Kobo Utilities && KoboBooks && Manage Series && Quality Check && Reading List
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 259, in _on_device_metadata_available
KeyError: u'storeOnConnect'
DJMOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #833
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo Utilities plugin - V2.0.1 - Fix configuration reading

Sorry, I messed something up with the configuration migration. I was being a little to smart in how I handled this. This caused some errors when the options were used as some where missing.

I have fixed the migration. I have also fixed the later handling so that it will correctly use defaults when parts of the configuration are missing. calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:53 AM   #834
DJMOON

Hi

Sorry, just took the update and restarted Calibre, Plugin status shows I'm now running 2.0.1

Same error

calibre, version 2.15.0

calibre 2.15 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Manage Series && KoboBooks && Reading List && Open With && Kobo Utilities && Quality Check
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 259, in _on_device_metadata_available
KeyError: u'storeOnConnect'

Am I missing something in the config?
Old 01-04-2015, 04:00 AM   #835
DJMOON

I'm now able to get to the config menu of Kobo Utilities. There was no device picked on the second tab. I added the "connected" device and I'm now able to start Calibre with the device connected. Probably a special case given I had installed the earlier version?
Old 01-04-2015, 05:09 AM   #836
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I messed something up with the configuration migration. I was being a little to smart in how I handled this. This caused some errors when the options were used as some where missing.

I have fixed the migration. I have also fixed the later handling so that it will correctly use defaults when parts of the configuration are missing. calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so.
Seems to fix it for me, thanks a lot!

I had to install 2.0.1 afresh though, 'cause 2.0.0 was breaking access to my device. And I don't know if Calibre keeps settings for uninstalled plugins.

UP: Ouch, spoke too early. After I ejected the device from Calibre (uploaded nothing, just an automatic backup) I tried to go to the KoboUtilities options once more and got this:
Code:
calibre, version 2.15.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

calibre 2.15 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Annotations && Kobo Utilities && Hyphenate This!
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 636, in show_configuration
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 154, in do_user_config
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.__init__", line 61, in config_widget
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1324, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1001, in update_from_connection_status
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1178, in populate_table
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1205, in populate_table_row
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
Seems to be reproducible:
  • Run Calibre
  • Plug in your device
  • Eject the device with Calibre
  • Go to KoboUtilities→Customize plugin (or just press the plugin toolbar button)

Last edited by hoichi; 01-04-2015 at 05:24 AM. Reason: new unhandled exception
Old 01-04-2015, 05:14 AM   #837
hoichi
male solipsist pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMOON View Post
Sorry, just took the update and restarted Calibre, Plugin status shows I'm now running 2.0.1

Same error

calibre, version 2.15.0
Got that on the first connect with 2.0.1, but couldn't reproduce it after that. Maybe because I've added my device to the plugin config.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #838
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you compress the database, it will clean this up and the error will go away.
Thank you, that worked for me!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:33 AM   #839
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V2.0.2 - More fixes for configuration handling

I have just uploaded V2.0.2 which should fix the problems DJMOON and hoichi reported. Calibre should be announcing it fairly soon.

DJMOON's problem was that I was a little simplistic with one of my fixes earlier and missed a case. The error hoichi reported should only have happened if you opened the configuration immediately after ejecting the device. There seems to be a few seconds where the two methods I need to use to get the device information are inconsistent about whether there is a device connected or not.

To answer some other comments:

- Calibre doesn't remove configuration when you uninstall a plugin.
- The plugin can work without any devices listed. They are only needed if you want to use a different profile or backup and firmware check settings.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #840
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
David, there's an issue with the "Related Content" feature.

I have one book by Author A and another co-authored by authors A and B. They don't show up as related when set to relate by author. IMO, they should.

Excellent work otherwise!
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities