Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 04:43 AM   #1
raghiid
Connoisseur
raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[Kindle] not remembering reading position

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? I'm on PW3 v5.13.2, I'm reading a book then go to homescreen, when I return to the same book it will have jumped to the next chapter.

All the books I read are sideloaded AZW3 imported through calibre.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghiid View Post
Is anybody else experiencing this problem? I'm on PW3 v5.13.2, I'm reading a book then go to homescreen, when I return to the same book it will have jumped to the next chapter.

All the books I read are sideloaded AZW3 imported through calibre.
I just tested this with my PW3 on 5.13.2 and I have no problem. I end up at the page I left off.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
raghiid
Connoisseur
raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raghiid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just tested this with my PW3 on 5.13.2 and I have no problem. I end up at the page I left off.
It's happening sporadically.

I'm using an older version of calibre due to outdated macOS, could this be the reason?
Old 09-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #4
Kuhnke
Kuhnke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi raghiid,
I had the same (or simular) problem with my voyage:
When I returned to a book the last read page was show, but when I tried to jump to next page, my kindle jumped to the 1st page of the next chapter.
To solve (?) the problem I did two things:
1) I deleted all custom fonts on my voyage (crazy but helped with most ebooks)
2) I converted the ebooks agin to AZW3, but in the AZW3 export options I left all options empty so a table of contents got generated at the end of the ebook.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:02 AM   #5
raghiid
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhnke View Post
Hi raghiid,
I had the same (or simular) problem with my voyage:
When I returned to a book the last read page was show, but when I tried to jump to next page, my kindle jumped to the 1st page of the next chapter.
To solve (?) the problem I did two things:
1) I deleted all custom fonts on my voyage (crazy but helped with most ebooks)
2) I converted the ebooks agin to AZW3, but in the AZW3 export options I left all options empty so a table of contents got generated at the end of the ebook.
Dude thanks so much for your input, I have deleted all custom fonts and as for azw3 options they are already empty. Will report back if I notice it again!
Old 09-26-2020, 05:32 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I cannot see how custom fonts could cause this issue. It makes no sense.

What is the source of these eBooks that are not working correctly?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:46 AM   #7
raghiid
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I cannot see how custom fonts could cause this issue. It makes no sense.

What is the source of these eBooks that are not working correctly?
Pirated

It actually worked. I have not put custom fonts back to see if they cause the problem.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:51 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghiid View Post
Pirated

It actually worked. I have not put custom fonts back to see if they cause the problem.
Then it's not really a problem. If you have a problem with purchased or Calibre converted (from legal sources), then come back. But do not come here asking for help with pirated eBooks. We will not help you.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:59 AM   #9
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Moderator Notice
Do not ask for help with pirated books nor advocate piracy in any manner again. This is your only warning. Thread closed.
Closed Thread