Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
Delete azw files with one click

I'm lazy. So I'm looking for ways to shorten work as much as possible.

I have ebooks as epub. Many ebooks I update regularly with WebToEpub.
When I import ebooks to the kindle, azw files are generated from the current epub file. After updates of the epub the azw is outdated.

ok, my question is this: Is it possible to delete all azw files of a library with just one click?
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
In the "Remove books" menu select "Remove files of a specific format from selected books". [Slightly more than one click since you have to select all books (ctrl-A) and pick the format to remove.]
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
In addition to what jhowell said I also use the column sorting to group together all of the books with a particular format. I.e., click on Formats at the top of that column and you'll get them grouped, then you can drag down and select all of them that have azw files and then use the Remove books button.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
I thought of something like a script that I can start with a symbol. A click on the Symbol and all azw files are deleted. Or all ORIGINAL_EPUB files after using an extension. Etc.
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote