Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Kindle firmware 5.11.2

Kindle firmware release 5.11.2 now available for download for PW2 and newer models.

Quote:
Here’s what’s new:

Filter Enhancements: Filter your library to see just Kindle Unlimited, Prime Reading items, and Samples with a single click.

Performance improvements, bug fixes, and other general enhancements.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Hey, I like this idea! Sometimes the Unlimited and Samples blend in.

I don't do Prime reading.

Hopefully the fix on bugs helps my new issue with no more auto-downloads. I'm not holding my breath though, think this is probably not a common problem.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Kindle firmware release 5.11.2 now available for download for PW2 and newer models.
It isn’t clear to me how you trigger the filter?

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It may be something that has to be triggered server side like the filter by read was
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 03:44 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
It isn’t clear to me how you trigger the filter?
It worked for me right away, but I also already had the read/unread filter on my Oasis.

Kindle Unlimited shows at the top if applicable. (It lumped my Prime Reading book into the KU category.) Samples are mixed in with the different book types.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_05_31T15_40_46-0400.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	171732  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Jailbreak survives (hotfix, KUAL and packages to be reinstalled, as usual).
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It worked for me right away, but I also already had the read/unread filter on my Oasis.

Kindle Unlimited shows at the top if applicable. (It lumped my Prime Reading book into the KU category.) Samples are mixed in with the different book types.
Thanks for showing me the display. I have nothing like that on my Paperwhite.

Jim
Old 05-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #8
Strether
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
Thanks for showing me the display. I have nothing like that on my Paperwhite.

Jim
Scratch that. I just restarted my Kindle and the filter now shows.

Jim
Old 06-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #9
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Hopefully the fix on bugs helps my new issue with no more auto-downloads. I'm not holding my breath though, think this is probably not a common problem.
Unfortunately it has not solved this problem for me, indeed the update has brought a new problem, with my device freezing or crashing when I turn on WiFi, and am having to restart it several times.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:19 PM   #10
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Unfortunately it has not solved this problem for me, indeed the update has brought a new problem, with my device freezing or crashing when I turn on WiFi, and am having to restart it several times.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Uh oh! Hopefully that fixes itself soon, that problem sounds much more annoying.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #11
Paperbackstash
Wizard

It looks like my problem with the download fixed - just turned on the wi-fi to check for update and books started downloading with me having to do anything. Finally.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #12
Paperbackstash
Wizard

The firmware is nice - I like the option of finding my KU easily.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:53 PM   #13
Incandenza
Incandenza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Did anybody get battery drain with this update? I charged my Kindle on Friday, it was on 60% of battery yesterday (just before I started to update) and today, in the morning, it was already on 18% percent.
Incandenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:47 PM   #14
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I wonder if it's doing something to the db maybe, using extra battery?

Charge it and see if it does it again before being too concerned
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:32 AM   #15
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's not uncommon, yeah.

Plus, the update process *itself* is a battery drain, which is why it won't run at all if the battery is too low.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-03-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Hmm, brains!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote