Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
ylsul
Connoisseur
ylsul is on a distinguished road

How do I delete downloaded files on the K3?

Hi,
I downloaded the "mobipocket guide" to my new K3 before I realized the format wasn't correct for the Kindle.

I tried to delete the file from my Kindle (left on the control pad and select delete). This makes the file look grayed out, and is no longer selectable. If, however, I now press the "Home" button, the previously deleted file becomes highlightable again.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks!
ylsul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
No idea on deleting files on the K3, but AZW without DRM is Mobipocket format. So really, Mobipocket is correct for the Kindle (as long as the file has no DRM).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

To delete a book from a Kindle select the book, click the left side of the 5-way controller button, click the center of the 5-way controller button to delete. It might not disappear from the Home screen until you Sync the Kindle or turn it off then back on. Delete actually just removes the book from your device and places it in the Archive.

Last edited by jswinden; 08-27-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Delete actually just removes the book from your device and places it in the Archive.
For books from Amazon, yes. For books you sideload they are deleted.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote