Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #1
persiomenezes
persiomenezes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi+3g)
Remove author tag

I would like to remove the "author tag". I have some dictionaries and I would like they stay together with the 2 Kindle native dictionaries , in the end of the book list. But whe I erase the author name on Calibre, it saves the file with the worf (unknow) on the "author tag". How could I have my files with none author tag? Thanks.
persiomenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by persiomenezes View Post
I would like to remove the "author tag". I have some dictionaries and I would like they stay together with the 2 Kindle native dictionaries , in the end of the book list. But whe I erase the author name on Calibre, it saves the file with the worf (unknow) on the "author tag". How could I have my files with none author tag? Thanks.
You can't have no author tag.

You can however open the edit metadata window for the book and change the author_sort to zzzz so it will sort at the end of the library or you can clear the author_sort field so it is indeed empty.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
persiomenezes
persiomenezes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi+3g)
Well... I had thought about that, but it is not an elegant solution. I have some mobi files with no author tag. I was looking for a tool to let me do the some with others mobi files.
persiomenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can't have no author tag.
Another option would be to identify the author as "None".
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote