Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #661
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
If you set the series data in calibre, and set driver options to update series information, the Kobo device will show under the title the series name and number. You can't sort by that without using a metadata plugboard, which changes the title of the book as it's sent to the device (only on the device, the calibre title is not changed).
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #662
snowstone
Connoisseur
snowstone doesn't littersnowstone doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
If you set the series data in calibre, and set driver options to update series information, the Kobo device will show under the title the series name and number. You can't sort by that without using a metadata plugboard, which changes the title of the book as it's sent to the device (only on the device, the calibre title is not changed).
I have the series data in calibre as shelf, for example: His Dark Materials [1]
In the kobo the only way I found for the number to be displayed was to use the plugboard and have it change the name of ebook when it's sent to the kobo. Like you said in the last part.
snowstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #663
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Probably not. There were changes after v1.5 requiring calibre 0.9.44 or later. Try removing the plugin, restart calibre, and reinstall it. You should not lose any of your settings by doing this, they're stored separately from the plugin itself.

The only nice way to avoid this in the future is to install both calibre and plugin updates fairly soon after they're released. Upgrades are only tested (and supported) using the current versions.
Thank you, yes now it's installed correctly

Well I was with a slightly old calibre (and the plugin was perfect for it) because I was waiting for all the bugs and problems to be found and corrected with the 1.0 milestone, but today I decided to update it anyway, and the plugins, too. I only had that minor problem, but with your help it's all
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #664
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstone View Post
I have the series data in calibre as shelf, for example: His Dark Materials [1]
In the kobo the only way I found for the number to be displayed was to use the plugboard and have it change the name of ebook when it's sent to the kobo. Like you said in the last part.
That sounds like the setting to manage shelves. There's a different setting Set Series information to send series information to the device. It's the same as shelves in that you have to send your books, disconnect, and reconnect the device.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #665
snowstone
Connoisseur

Quote:
That sounds like the setting to manage shelves. There's a different setting Set Series information to send series information to the device. It's the same as shelves in that you have to send your books, disconnect, and reconnect the device.
Will I have to resend all my ebooks to the device, or only connect my kobo to calibre?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #666
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I don't believe you have to re-send books. I think all you have to do is
  • Connect your Kobo to calibre
  • Configure the plugin and enable the Set Series information setting
  • Eject and disconnect your Kobo
  • Connect your Kobo again
Once that's done, the driver should automatically update series information for any books already on the device. In the future, when you send a book with series information, you need to send the book to the device, disconnect and allow the Kobo to do its normal processing, then connect the Kobo to calibre again and wait for calibre to do its processing. It's terribly inefficient, but because of the way the Kobo device database is (and how fragile any code is that touches the database, being subject to unannounced changes by Kobo) it's the best we've got and probably the best we'll get unless a Kobo developer to give us the gory details on how they interact with the database. Which is about as likely as me winning the lottery I never buy tickets for
Old 09-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #667
snowstone
Connoisseur

Quote:
I don't believe you have to re-send books. I think all you have to do is
  • Connect your Kobo to calibre
  • Configure the plugin and enable the Set Series information setting
  • Eject and disconnect your Kobo
  • Connect your Kobo again
Once that's done, the driver should automatically update series information for any books already on the device. In the future, when you send a book with series information, you need to send the book to the device, disconnect and allow the Kobo to do its normal processing, then connect the Kobo to calibre again and wait for calibre to do its processing. It's terribly inefficient, but because of the way the Kobo device database is (and how fragile any code is that touches the database, being subject to unannounced changes by Kobo) it's the best we've got and probably the best we'll get unless a Kobo developer to give us the gory details on how they interact with the database. Which is about as likely as me winning the lottery I never buy tickets for
Thanks the info appears under the title now.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #668
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

As you've probably all noticed by now, there's a new version out. Version 2.2.7 adds some basic management for device-specific CSS files:

Quote:
Adding Arbitrary CSS
The device driver plugin, through the base KoboTouch driver provided with calibre, has the ability to copy all rules from a specific CSS file into each book as it is uploaded. To support easily maintaining device-specific CSS files, the device driver can copy a CSS file into the correct place to allow adding it to each book. To do this, locate the calibre plugin directory, create a CSS file in there, and ensure that the Modify CSS option is selected in the driver preferences. To locate the calibre plugin directory, open calibre's preferences, choose Miscellaneous, and click the Open calibre configuration directory button. The plugin directory is in there.

The name of the CSS file must be in the format kobo_extra_<DEVICE>.css. The following replacements for <DEVICE> are currently supported (capitalization is important):
  • Kobo Aura HD - AURAHD (kobo_extra_AURAHD.css)
  • Kobo Aura - AURA (kobo_extra_AURA.css)
  • Kobo Glo - GLO (kobo_extra_GLO.css)
  • Kobo Mini - MINI (kobo_extra_MINI.css)
  • Kobo Touch - TOUCH (kobo_extra_TOUCH.css)

Please note, this will blindly overwrite any kobo_extra.css you may have already sent to your Kobo device! If you have created the kobo_extra.css file on your Kobo device already and you want to make use of this feature, you must copy kobo_extra.css to the location specified above.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #669
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
So once it's set up, the correct sheet will be automatically selected when the various devices are plugged in? Or have I got this completely wrong
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #670
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

You're pretty close

When you put the CSS files in the right place, the magic happens when you send books to the device. Every time you send books to the device, before books are processed the extended driver will copy the appropriate CSS file to the device. Then, during processing, davidfor's code in the mainline driver will pick up the file and process it as if you'd put it there yourself.

The only thing to keep in mind, the rules are always added at the end of every stylesheet in the book. There's a bug open right now asking to have an option to add rules to the beginning of a stylesheet instead.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #671
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
Thanks, I'll try and experiment with it a bit.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #672
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've just updated to the new version of KoboTouchExtended and I can't send books to my Mini. The trace is

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.1.0
ERROR: Error: Error en la comunicación con el dispositivo

'KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED' object has no attribute 'isAura'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 237, in upload_books
AttributeError: 'KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED' object has no attribute 'isAura'
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #673
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've checked and the problem happens only when the option "Modify css" (which it has activated by itself ) is activated.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #674
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Yea, so my fault. I forgot to update the minimum calibre version. I'm out now, please put in a bug and I'll post a fix as soon as I can.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #675
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

As a workaround, update calibre to the latest version

Tags
error, kobo aura one