Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #35461
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Of course, that's just a dock. You still need a sound card to make it work. The E-Mu devices I wrote about were both sound card and dock combos.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #35462
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to decide 1) what to watch tonight; continue with Political Animals (which I watched the first 2 episodes of this afternoon and loved), or a film. And 2) what book to read after I finished the one I'm reading right now. I am enjoying just pottering around and doing whatever I feel like.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #35463
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
THAT's what a vacation should consist of!! Glad you are enjoying yourself.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #35464
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I am enjoying just pottering around and doing whatever I feel like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
THAT's what a vacation should consist of!! Glad you are enjoying yourself.
Damn and here I thought I'd been working the last year, I guess I was just vacationing!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #35465
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've got one of these on order. The status is showing shipped. I certainly don't like the set up the way I do my E-mu 1616m (and the Emu-1820m I had before that), especially as that means crawling on the floor to get to the back of my computer to change any connections, but what can I do? I don't want to spend high dollar on a sound card for an aging computer.

And speaking of high-dollar, have you seen what some of the professional sound cards cost? They can get rather pricy. Here's one for $6999.00, which you can pay in "3 easy payments." Think I'll order a half-dozen, just in case one or two give me problems.

But I'm not ranting. I'm waiting. If the M-Audio Audiophile-192 isn't compatible with Windows 8—after the Microsoft website promised that it wasthen I'll rant!

This is the one advantage of being deaf! I can be satisfied but spending less than $200! Even less if I want, as I can get by using the speakers out of old telephone handsets...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #35466
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'M SCARED! TERRIFIED!

And I missed the world's easiest Final Jeopardy question!

[Molar surgical extraction tomorrow at 9 am - unless we're snowed in - in which case I get to wait some more!]

[I fear dentists second only to spiders!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #35467
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good luck!!!!!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #35468
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'M SCARED! TERRIFIED!
[I fear dentists second only to spiders!]

Be brave, Pooh. Be strong! Hell, be drunk.
They don't call it 'Dutch Courage' for nothing, right?

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KillBug,jpg.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	99593  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #35469
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'm working on the Scotch, errr, Dutch courage right now.

And that's one bowl that can sit there just as long as it wants to. If it starts to move, I'm out of here!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #35470
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
And that's one bowl that can sit there just as long as it wants to. If it starts to move, I'm out of here!

When I lived in So.Cal there was a tarantula walking across my kitchen floor one day. I'm enough of a naturalist to KNOW that California tarantulas aren't dangerous. I mean I really KNOW this. But it didn't make the slightest difference. Still scared the daylights outta me!

Stitchawl
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #35471
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

When I lived in So.Cal there was a tarantula walking across my kitchen floor one day. I'm enough of a naturalist to KNOW that California tarantulas aren't dangerous. I mean I really KNOW this. But it didn't make the slightest difference. Still scared the daylights outta me!

Stitchawl
LOL Stitchawl! That story reminds me of the summer that tarantulas invaded the Texas Panhandle. I mean they were everywhere. In Palo Duro Canyon state park, you could even see them wandering down the paths. Anyway, one got into our house on a Saturday morning. Being a teenager, I was sound asleep when my mother saw him in the kitchen. She screamed bloody murder for me to "come kill it!!!!!" By the time I made it out of bed it had of course disappeared due to my mom scaring it to death with her screaming and throwing things at it. We never saw it again (unfortunately for my mother's peace of mind), but neither did we ever find another one in the house. I never did find out exactly why tarantulas were so prolific that year either, come to think of it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #35472
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
LOL Stitchawl! That story reminds me of the summer that tarantulas invaded the Texas Panhandle. I mean they were everywhere. In Palo Duro Canyon state park, you could even see them wandering down the paths. Anyway, one got into our house on a Saturday morning. Being a teenager, I was sound asleep when my mother saw him in the kitchen. She screamed bloody murder for me to "come kill it!!!!!" By the time I made it out of bed it had of course disappeared due to my mom scaring it to death with her screaming and throwing things at it. We never saw it again (unfortunately for my mother's peace of mind), but neither did we ever find another one in the house. I never did find out exactly why tarantulas were so prolific that year either, come to think of it.
Was that the summer of '66? I was in living just outside Amarillo that summer (right near Palo Duro Canyon) and I remember seeing them on the streets. Amarillo was in the process of closing down businesses the downtown area as people started going to the malls on the edge of town, so the streets were pretty empty of foot or vehicle traffic.

Stitchawl
Old 01-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #35473
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Was that the summer of '66? I was in living just outside Amarillo that summer (right near Palo Duro Canyon) and I remember seeing them on the streets. Amarillo was in the process of closing down businesses the downtown area as people started going to the malls on the edge of town, so the streets were pretty empty of foot or vehicle traffic.

Stitchawl
No - I was born in '66. So I wouldn't have remembered that. This was probably '84 or '85. So I guess they've done it more than once. I didn't realize Amarillo's migration to the edge of town started so early. When I lived there, Westgate Mall had just opened out on Coulter and Soncy. While trying to look up some Amarillo history, it just popped up that Westgate was 30 years old back in October. Man I feel old....
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #35474
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've always wanted a tarantula, but the wife wouldn't hear of it. Just as well, I suppose. Certain breeds can be very dangerous. A local kid was blinded a few years ago after playing with one and then rubbing his eyes and getting the hairs in his eyes. Sad.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #35475
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

We had a girl in one of my classes who had one as a pet. She brought it in one year for us to see. I don't know how long she ended up keeping it.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?