Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Kipling, Rudyard: Just So Stories (Illustrated), v. 1, 17 Nov 2009

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936) was a British Author, born in India, and worldwide famous for works like "The Jungle Book", "Kim" or the poem "If". He was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1907, which made him the first English language writer to get it.

"Just So Stories" is a collection of 12 short stories for children first published in 1902. They are fantastic stories, with that magic/legend/myth atmosphere of fairy tales, explaining things like the origin of armadillos or how the alphabet was invented. All the stories have a great deal of humour too. I remember loving these stories as a kid, and I'm sure big and small people will like them today.

This edition is illustrated by the author, including drop caps. The illustrations' "captions" are delightful to read too

All feedback is welcome.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Just So Stories.epub (2.95 MB, 1665 views)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
veysey
Enthusiast
veysey doesn't litterveysey doesn't litter

Device: Sony ?
Brilliant!

I remember these.

My brother had this book and I had Aesop's fables ...

Thanks for taking me back. I'm looking forward to reading them.
veysey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Lovely job.

One small suggestion: using

orphans: 0;
widows: 0;

to prevent blank lines at the bottom of the screen.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Thank you so much for this!
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animals, humor