Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Flaubert, Gustave: Œuvres | French | v.1.0 | 15 Jun 2014

This volume collects the main works of Gustave Flaubert (1821–1880, wikipedia) in their original French:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	124192

Madame Bovary
(1857)

Salammbô
(1862)

L’Éducation Sentimentale
(1869)

La tentation de Saint Antoine
(1874)

Trois Contes
Un cœur simple, La Légende de saint Julien l'Hospitalier, Hérodias
(1877)

Bouvard et Pécuchet
(1881)

The formatting has been checked and corrected by comparing the texts with the paper editions. Fonts are embedded for small caps and thin spaces. It comes with the usual inline tables of contents and links after each chapter to take you back to the respective tables.

There wasn’t a single original Flaubert text on MR before, and I think this sad situation needed to be rectified. Which it now is.

A bientôt,
pynch.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Flaubert - Oeuvres v1.0.epub (1.99 MB, 1018 views)

Last edited by pynch; 02-04-2016 at 06:46 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
When I saw such goodness in my RSS, I knew it had to be you.

If I haven't considered Flaubert for such a long time, it's because I was waiting for a work such as yours. Somehow I think of how much Nietzsche loved Stendhal. A future project?

My recent discovery of Flaubert, was some notes of his to Hegel's Aesthetics. Perhaps you'd find them interesting:

http://www2.univ-mlv.fr/lisaa/conser...otes_Hegel.pdf

Last edited by democrite; 06-16-2014 at 04:37 PM.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the Hegel link, democrite.

Stendhal is a very remote possibility. I love his novels, but don’t know much else.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #4
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Understand. Me too. He remains someone I'd like to explore. Of other people that Nietzsche considered a great poet, besides Poe, in French, there's Alfred de Musset. I've read only some of Rolla; it's quite something.

I've taken a bit of a break from even reading, but thanks for everything.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
Reuevoll
Reuevoll began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Pynch, I want to thank you! The fact, that your books have become for me a indispensiple company, that delights me every day for - I guess - more than a year, does not allow me to consider your books merely as free stuff from Internet. They have a creator, to whom some appreciation shoud be shown. And I show it. Thank you for Flaubert and for many other books, that you have already compiled! I look forward to new gifts from you!

(if I' ve made some grammar mistakes, so excuse that please. This is not my mother tongue).

Last edited by Reuevoll; 06-20-2014 at 01:22 AM.
Reuevoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
bathop
ars_longa_vita_brevis
bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Mille fois merci.

C'est comme tout ce que tu as publié ici: excellent travail.

bathop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
democrite
Evangelist

Hello pynch,

I came across an ePub of Premier écrits. For a while, I've been wondering about other works like Dictionnaire des idées reçues though perhaps sourcing texts to proof against is difficult; and too I imagine you need rest from all your wonderful publications!

For les idées reçus, I think there's a free Numilog PDF, though that too, who knows of its fidelity. If it helps, …

http://www.ebooks-bnr.com/flaubert-g...emiers-ecrits/

best,
- d
Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
pynch
why in?

Well, rest I don’t get much with all the proofing.

This one was never intended to be complete, it has only « les mots justes ». But if you’re looking for more, there’s a very good and proof-read mobi version out there by Les Editions Neuchateloises.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #9
democrite
Evangelist

It makes sense from the layout, that it meant to contain what it does. When I think of Flaubert, what first comes to mind is Götzen-Dämmerung 34. Indeed, for myself as well, there are other authors to loose sleep over.

Seems like you have the Les Editions Neuchateloises? I've collected many of Arvensa .mobis and it sounds like the quality of Les Neuchateloises is much better. Will take a look.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #10
vladimito
vladimito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thank you so very much.
vladimito is offline   Reply With Quote