Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
A4-sized e-reader/writing pad

Dear people,

I bought a Sony DPT-RP1 when it came out, and after 4 years it has given up the ghost. I'm looking for a replacement for it, but I haven't been able to find one.

What i'm looking for in a device:
- annotating A4 PDF's at 100% scale
- e-ink screen

The Onyx Book Max Lumi seems to be the only device that is capable of showing A4 at 100%, is that true?

Furthermore, i've been looking at the Remarkable 2, Kobo Elipsa, Onyx Book Note Air and the PocketBook InkPad X, but they all seem to be A5-sized. Is there an inherent advantage of going for an A5 sized writing tablet, except for cost reasons?

Thanks in advance.
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
A5 devices are also smaller. :P
That's really it. The PPI is also a bit higher since the screen is smaller but I mainly picked up the Note Air because it was half the cost of the Lumi. And well the case does look nicer.

There is another A4 device. There is the second gen of the Fujitsu Quaderno A4 that came out recently. Might be a bit hard to get though as I think it was only released in Japan. Here is a link to the new one on Rakuten.co.jp:

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/r-kojima/...1-a6e82e995bb9

The first gen was the same hardware as the Sony DPT but rebadged with Fujitsu software. Not sure exactly how the 2nd gen compares.

EDIT: Here's the official Fujitsu product page for the 2nd gen Quaderno:

https://www.fmworld.net/digital-paper/product.html

Last edited by salamanderjuice; 07-23-2021 at 11:14 AM.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:01 AM   #3
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Ah yes, thank you for the info!

For others: There is also the Quirklogic Papyr, which is the same device as the Sony/Fujitsu Digital Paper.

I went for the Max Lumi, since unfortunately the Digital Papers aren't sold in the EU and I don't want the stress again of worrying about the warranty.
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote