Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #31
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Strange. It is working for me with calibre 5.4. I will update later to 5.5 and see if it makes a difference.
@Terisa de morgan: I tried calibre 5.5 and could not reproduce you problems. Cannot test portable version as I do not have access to windows machine.

Is this problem happening only with action chains, or also with other plugins that have dynamic menus like view manager and open with for example?

If you have a non-portable calibre 4 version, attached below is a version that should install on calibre 4. Some actions may not work properly, but you can test a chain containing a simple action like copy to clipboard. Start in debug mode and see if any pertinent messages appear.

Last edited by capink; 11-23-2020 at 04:28 PM. Reason: remove attachment.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #32
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, but it doesn't allow to define any action, the error is:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.dialogs.chain", line 265, in dropEvent
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.dialogs.chain", line 174, in apply_chain_link
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.dialogs.chain", line 190, in _on_action_change
KeyError: u''
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #33
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I made a new one after disabling drag and drop, and it is working for me on 4.23. Can you please try this new one. You can find it in the second post

Last edited by capink; 11-23-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: attachment moved to the second post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #34
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Do you want to make another post quick so you can use the second post (after this post is deleted) for test versions?
Why not? Here it is.
¿ So why aren't you using it

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #35
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It works now, thank you... for titles, but in release 5 I've seen you could assign shortcuts to submenus, and that was my intention. Am I wrong?
Advert
Old 11-23-2020, 05:02 PM   #36
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
It works now, thank you... for titles, but in release 5 I've seen you could assign shortcuts to submenus, and that was my intention. Am I wrong?
For menu actions inside sub-menus, Yes. I have some set up that way and the shortcuts for them are working.

If there are still problems don't shy to post them. I cannot guarantee I can fix everything, but I want to give it a go. I will decide whether to make this available through the plugin index by how well things go during this phase.

Last edited by capink; 11-23-2020 at 05:06 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-23-2020, 06:13 PM   #37
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Another minor UI glitch: In the "Add actions" dialog, any modules don't actually take the user-defined name. I have a "Resort View" module and it appears in the dropdown as Refresh.

EDIT: Changing the module itself so that name = 'Resort View' worked.

Aside from that I've been using the resort view module without issue.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-23-2020 at 06:17 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:24 PM   #38
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Another minor UI glitch: In the "Add actions" dialog, any modules don't actually take the user-defined name. I have a "Resort View" module and it appears in the dropdown as Refresh.

EDIT: Changing the module itself so that name = 'Resort View' worked.

Aside from that I've been using the resort view module without issue.
I called it module editor — rather than action editor — for that reason. I have one module containing several action classes inheriting from one top level class, and all of them define different actions.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #39
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
For menu actions inside sub-menus, Yes. I have some set up that way and the shortcuts for them are working.

If there are still problems don't shy to post them. I cannot guarantee I can fix everything, but I want to give it a go. I will decide whether to make this available through the plugin index by how well things go during this phase.
Sorry, I have explained myself wrong, I think. If I have a submenu like this:

Code:
   Purchases +------ Shop
                  +------ Date
                  +------ Price
I can assign shortcuts to Shop, Date and Price, but Purchases doesn't appear in the list of items I can assign shortcut.

And, speaking by myself, once I'm able to define a call to a plugin action inside the module, the plugin is OK for my use-case (simple but tedious), so thank you a lot again.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:56 PM   #40
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Small bug: The default Calibre action "Show Marked Books" often fails, and then the edit chain dialog shows a "plugin not found" error. (I also use "mark" earlier in the same chain.)

I thought it might've been due to the menu item changing the number (I was working with small batches, then clearing after each one), but it doesn't affect Reading List's "View List" after adding/removing books.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-26-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #41
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Small bug: The default Calibre action "Show Marked Books" often fails, and then the edit chain dialog shows a "plugin not found" error. (I also use "mark" earlier in the same chain.)

I thought it might've been due to the menu item changing the number (I was working with small batches, then clearing after each one), but it doesn't affect Reading List's "View List" after adding/removing books.
I need to see the error to investigate whether this failure is related to the plugin or not. I am might not be able to do anything about this.

On a side note, the next release of this plugin already has the marked field added to the single field edit. It allows for multiple values, so you can use it many times during the chain lifetime with different text values.

Problem is, if you run the chain multiple times, you will have leftover marks from the previous run. My plan was to recommend using calibre's clear all marked books at the start of every chain that might use marks, but if that is causing troubles as you are reporting, I will need an alternative solution.

Last edited by capink; 11-26-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #42
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I ran the chain once successfully with two books. Then I cleared the books. The next time I ran it (on one book) it showed this error:

Code:
calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Chain Error: Validating the chain settings before running failed.                You can see the detailed errors by opening the chain in the config dialog
Opening it showed this:

Code:
Calibre plugin "Mark Books" cannot be found
Also: I got this error twice when trying to change one action to another (calibre actions > search modifiers, and then vice versa) instead of deleting it and making a new one:

Code:
calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:string indices must be integers

calibre 5.5 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Action Chains (0, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 7, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 83) && Comments Cleaner (1, 3, 1) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Drop Search Results (1, 0, 10) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 5, 2) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 25, 8) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 0) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 188) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Library Codes (1, 0, 48) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 85) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 7, 1) && Save To Format (0, 0, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 0) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 6, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.dialogs.chain", line 206, in _settings_button_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.dialogs.chain", line 53, in load_settings
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.actions.calibre_actions", line 241, in load_settings
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.actions.calibre_actions", line 235, in _repopulate_actions_tree
  File "calibre_plugins.action_chains.actions.calibre_actions", line 88, in _build_lookup_menu_map
TypeError: string indices must be integers
Old 11-26-2020, 08:49 PM   #43
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Also: I got this error twice when trying to change one action to another (calibre actions > search modifiers, and then vice versa) instead of deleting it and making a new one:
That is a silly bug that is —hopefully— fixed in the version attached in the second post, try it and see if the problem with changing action happens again.

Quote:
I ran the chain once successfully with two books. Then I cleared the books. The next time I ran it (on one book) it showed this error:

Code:
calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Chain Error: Validating the chain settings before running failed.                You can see the detailed errors by opening the chain in the config dialog
Opening it showed this:

Code:
Calibre plugin "Mark Books" cannot be found
I need you to re-create this with the version attached in the second post in DEBUG mode, and please post the full log here.

Also what happens when you try the open the chain dialog. Click in the settings of the mark action and see whether it opens and have correct item checked or not.

Edit: beta now in the second post.

Last edited by capink; 11-26-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:01 PM   #44
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

In 0.1.0, "Show Marked Books" became deselected.

I test 0.1.2. Somehow it caused all my existing actions to get unconfigured so I have to fix that first. I'll post back when I tested.

EDIT: The settings are still showing in action_chains.json, they just aren't loading properly. I think I may have found something relevant though:

Code:
              "action_name": "Calibre Actions",
              "action_settings": [
                {
                  "display": "Show marked books (2)",
                  "path": [
                    "Mark Books",
                    "Show marked books (2)"
                  ]

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-26-2020 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:05 PM   #45
capink
Wizard

Quote:
In 0.1.0, "Show Marked Books" became deselected.

I test 0.1.2. Somehow it caused all my existing actions to get unconfigured so I have to fix that first. I'll post back when I tested.

EDIT: The settings are still showing in action_chains.json, they just aren't loading properly. I think I may have found the cause of the issue though:

Code:
              "action_name": "Calibre Actions",
              "action_settings": [
                {
                  "display": "Show marked books (2)",
                  "path": [
                    "Mark Books",
                    "Show marked books (2)"
                  ]
uninstall 0.1.2, I will post a new version.