Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2018, 02:31 AM   #1
masterz87
Connoisseur
masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Exclamation after importing content nickle crashes.

I have KSM9 installed on the e-reader and nickle crashes after importing content, also when attempting to open an ebook that is slightly modified it causes nickle to crash.

BTW the patches I have enabled is the custom margins patch, larger cover, custom dictionary font size/box size, no 3rd row thing, custom line spacing/font size. and I believe that's all of them that I have enabled.

I'd use koreader but it seems to be using some weird-ass CSS wherein it completely ignores how the book wants it to display something. It takes books that use double space method for paragraphs and indents them even though the book itself didn't have it that way and that's annoying. Also it has that weird little progress bar at the bottom which I don't see a point in as it's wasting space.

P.S.

I deleted all of the user partition of the reader and started over and it's still happening.

Basically it goes blank by pressing the power button KSM shows up on the screen.

Last edited by masterz87; 08-02-2018 at 02:36 AM.
masterz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterz87 View Post
I have KSM9 installed on the e-reader and nickle crashes after importing content, also when attempting to open an ebook that is slightly modified it causes nickle to crash.

BTW the patches I have enabled is the custom margins patch, larger cover, custom dictionary font size/box size, no 3rd row thing, custom line spacing/font size. and I believe that's all of them that I have enabled.

I'd use koreader but it seems to be using some weird-ass CSS wherein it completely ignores how the book wants it to display something. It takes books that use double space method for paragraphs and indents them even though the book itself didn't have it that way and that's annoying. Also it has that weird little progress bar at the bottom which I don't see a point in as it's wasting space.

P.S.

I deleted all of the user partition of the reader and started over and it's still happening.

Basically it goes blank by pressing the power button KSM shows up on the screen.
Remembering that KSM installs some bits and pieces in the system partition, at this point, I would suggest doing a factory reset to wipe everything and start over. Run your epubs through either Sigil or the calibre editor with the epubcheck (for both) plugin and FlightCrew for Sigil and correct any errors that show up. Send a small batch (10-20) to your Kobo and check that they are correctly imported, display properly etc. Once you are happy with this, re-install KOReader and see how those epubs display with KOReader.

As ebooks that have been modified? How have you been modifying them?

Just for future use, there are two steps needed to remove KSM09. Head to the tools menu => ksm.diverse.msh => del KSM. Once this is done, delete the adds/kbmenu_user directory.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert