Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2022, 06:42 PM   #136
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Device codename: Goldfinch?

Exhibit A. Exhibit B.

(but nothing in current firmware)
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:23 PM   #137
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
no i was stating a fact. i've got up to 32GB of storage on my Aura 6" ereader that's 9 years old. why would i want to settle for 16GB=less.
I have (I think) 64GB in my current Clara. Why would I want to 'settle' for 16GB?

The Clara 2E has a better screen, higher resolution, waterproofing, USB-C, a faster processor (did I read that somewhere? Or am I wrong?) and (over the Aura) the orange lighting for night time.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2022, 07:08 PM   #138
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I have (I think) 64GB in my current Clara. Why would I want to 'settle' for 16GB?

The Clara 2E has a better screen, higher resolution, waterproofing, USB-C, a faster processor (did I read that somewhere? Or am I wrong?) and (over the Aura) the orange lighting for night time.
none of the above matters one jot to me especially waterproofing. hence the words why would (i) want to settle for 16GB/less.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:54 PM   #139
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

The Clara HD 2E has the same resolution as the Clara HD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:39 AM   #140
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
none of the above matters one jot to me especially waterproofing. hence the words why would (i) want to settle for 16GB/less.

best wishes koboy
Because everything else about the Clara 2E is an improvement over the Aura. And I liked the Aura.

But a better screen is objectively better, I could tell a difference between my Aura's Pearl(?) screen and my Clara's Carta one. Once I had the Clara I just couldn't go back to the Aura.

Funny enough, I can still read on my Nook ST with Glowlight. I think in addition to the Pearl screen, whatever Kobo did to make the Aura flush really messed with the clarity/sharpness.
Advert
Old 08-17-2022, 12:40 AM   #141
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Clara HD 2E has the same resolution as the Clara HD.
Did I say higher resolution? Whoops! I know the Clara and the Clara 2 both have 300ppi screens.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:36 AM   #142
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Did I say higher resolution? Whoops! I know the Clara and the Clara 2 both have 300ppi screens.
It does have the Carta 1200 screen, so it's probably "better." Apparently there's a noticeable improvement. What little I saw of a 1200 screen on a Kindle Paperwhite (6.8") at Best Buy didn't look that much different than the Oasis screen, but it wasn't a real test.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:10 AM   #143
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beautyDrChiper does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2
According to this video the new kobo device could also be called Kobo Clara HD 2. (Ignore the backgrounds: they do not show the new device though)
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 05:57 AM   #144
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Aura H2O, Voyage, PW4, PW5
I had given up on Kobo releasing a waterproof 6" reader. Great news, although I just ordered a used Libre H2O so I won't be ordering the new Kobo for awhile. Maybe next year....I've been wanting a water resistant 6" device.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:18 AM   #145
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I had given up on Kobo releasing a waterproof 6" reader. Great news, although I just ordered a used Libre H2O so I won't be ordering the new Kobo for awhile. Maybe next year....I've been wanting a water resistant 6" device.
I'm kinda pleased it doesn't have buttons. I couldn't go back to no buttons now, so this one not having any removes any temptation
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:55 AM   #146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Useless video (IMHO). It's showing snippets of other Kobo devices too much of the time.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-17-2022 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:31 AM   #147
HLS
Evangelist
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite, Libra 1, H20,Clara, Glowlight 1 to 4 and Plus
its a new Clara. Articles on it all over the internet.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:33 AM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I'm sticking with Kobo Clara HD 2E until we know officially. I'm basing it on the store adverts for the covers.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #149
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Which ultimately quote this thread or other articles that quote this thread as the source (except for that badereader blog that never quotes anything and just rips off things from here, lol).
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 09:17 AM   #150
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I had given up on Kobo releasing a waterproof 6" reader.
You and me both. Currently I'm switching between my Clara and a 2015 Nook Glowlight Plus when I go to the pool, because of the waterproofing.

I'm also using a Simple Touch with Glowlight because of the page turn buttons. But that's neither here nor there.