Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2022, 09:37 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I guess I'm still a little surprised, even though I only use kepub.

Browsing through other posts, it seems that publishers can set body text font sizes to whatever they like, and yet all my kepubs look like the body font size are the same. *

* please note that I am ignorant of html/css**

** please further note I am not looking for a detailed explanation of html/css.
That is one of the problems, but, there is scaling difference between epubs and kepubs. If you put the same book on as both an epub and kepub, with the same font size selected in the font settings, the text in the epub will appear to be bigger. In general, it just means you might need to set the font for each book when you first open it. But, that would only be needed if you swap formats a lot. If you read 10 epubs in a row and then a kepub, then back to an epubs, you would need to set the font size twice (assuming there were no font size differences in the books).

This has never changed. It has always been like this for epubs and kepubs. Exactly how much difference depends on the device, or, the screen resolution. There has been changes in exactly how much the difference is with the changes in font handling over the years, but, the overall problem has remained the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:53 AM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is one of the problems, but, there is scaling difference between epubs and kepubs. If you put the same book on as both an epub and kepub, with the same font size selected in the font settings, the text in the epub will appear to be bigger. In general, it just means you might need to set the font for each book when you first open it. But, that would only be needed if you swap formats a lot. If you read 10 epubs in a row and then a kepub, then back to an epubs, you would need to set the font size twice (assuming there were no font size differences in the books).

This has never changed. It has always been like this for epubs and kepubs. Exactly how much difference depends on the device, or, the screen resolution. There has been changes in exactly how much the difference is with the changes in font handling over the years, but, the overall problem has remained the same.
I had read about the font size differences (many times) between epubs and kepubs. I was refering only to kepubs.

Sorry for the confusion.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote