Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
TechnologyBytes
TechnologyBytes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Sony eReader- Can't install library in any way!

I just got the Sony Reader Pocket Edition and followed the instructions given by plugging in my reader via the USB and waited for the onscreen instructions. Everything seemed to be working fine and I tried to install the library software. However after being prompted to choose a language and country the downloading wouldn't work. I tried this several times and got a few different problems. In several cases it wouldn't even start to install and would display the statistics "-1% complete NaN/ NaN time expected" A few other times it would start loading and get to around 9 - 10 % and the expected time would shoot up and the message "Setup could not be completed. Check your internet connection and try again" I do know that my internet connection is fine. I tried this on several computers all to no avail.

After these attempts failed I tried obtaining the Library software. I tried downloading it from both the eReader website (version 3.1 for PC which is compatible with windows 7) and from Barnes and Noble and both times it started downloading at a faster rate but soon was down to about 0.06 KB per second. I don't know what the problem is and hope someone here can help! If you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to answer them!
TechnologyBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
clindner
clindner began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Looks like Sony is getting hammered by everyone getting readers for Christmas...
clindner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
cojo33
cojo33 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-300 pocket edition
Technologybytes, Yep I have the excact same issue. I bought my wife the pocket edition and the same thing occured. Not Happy right now.
cojo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
csmith
csmith began at the beginning.

Device: soney reader
Same problem here. Is it as simple as waiting until the lines are free?
csmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Are you running Vista?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnologyBytes View Post

After these attempts failed I tried obtaining the Library software. I tried downloading it from both the eReader website (version 3.1 for PC which is compatible with windows 7) and from Barnes and Noble ...
eReader and B&N have nothing to do with Sony.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
jenine27
jenine27 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have exactly the same problem! It got to 7% once and sometimes didnt even start downloading atall and then it came up with the same error message and my internet connection is also fine! is it possible that too many people are trying to download at the same time? I hope thats it!! Maybe ill try early in the morning and if it fails then it must be something else. I went on the sony website but there wasnt anything helpful there. I sent an email but I dont know how useful that will be either. Please let me know if you have any success.
jenine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
kennyc

I seem to be having issues with the B&N Library App -- I'm trying to download a free book and it just spins on authenticating or does nothing when I click download....

Maybe the interwebs iz down.... sheesh
Old 12-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
tvbird72
tvbird72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch
Got it downloaded.....but now what?

I was able to get the file downloaded. However, once it was downloaded it would not open. My Mac says that it is unrecognizable. I am looking all over the internet trying to figure out how to get it to work. What is weird is that I can only get the file that comes in from the reader to download while I was at the same time downloading the file from eReader. That is the part I can't figure out.
tvbird72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
Synth2012
Synth2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader Pocket Edition
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you all that I am having the same problem. I called the customer support number in the booklet and a very Indian lady explained to me that they are experiencing a high demand of their servers right now, and told me to try again in a couple hours.

Merry Christmas from Sony! HoHoHo

Good luck everyone!

-Lindsay
Synth2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #11
smichelle
smichelle began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch
Sony's website says they are having trouble with their server and know that people cannot download the e reader software and to try later. i guess we all got one for xmas.

smichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
mtbost
mtbost began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
same problem here. i have the sony prs 505 and i can't download the reader library software. won't download, if it does it takes forever and then says the file is not recognizable. hope it is just the volume of people on the site and not a huge problem with the device.
mtbost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
Stealthian
Stealthian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
SAME ERROR!

I got the Sony Reader PRS 600 and I am attempting to install the Sony Reader Library on my Macbook Pro and encountering the same error. It could never connect and when it finally does it goes for a few minutes with the time remaining increasing and then fails saying "Please check your internet connection"

Does anybody know when this will be fixed!!? Sony have really let me down with this.
Stealthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
sam75219
sam75219 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Edition
I called customer service about noon and they told me to keep trying again later. Talk about feeling like I received an impotent suggestion. At any rate, I've been continuing my efforts. Twice, I was able to fully download the software but then each time I tried to run it on my C drive I got an error because an initialization file was not found. A call back to Customer Service was just to delete the download and try it again since the server people are working to resolve the problem. As of 7:16 PM tonight, I still have not got re-download to complete. It just hangs. I'll keep trying.
sam75219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
kmiller1072
kmiller1072 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I got to 38 percent download and then it stalled. I'm just happy I'm not the only one having this problem with my X-mas present. I thought it was me. But, yeah, very frustrating. You'd think they would have anticipated this.
kmiller1072 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, pocket, problem, reader, sony