Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
procyon
copyleft librarian
procyon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
epub to azw3 features

Hi,

When I convert epubs to azw3, they sometimes contain left-aligned text (enhanced typesetting). Other times the text is full justified.

A related observation-- the few books I have purchased from Amazon in azw3 format contain left-aligned text, however I was informed that this was a KFX only feature.

I can not use the KFX plugin to get this result as I am on a linux machine, and as of right now, the plugin does not know how to find Kindle Previewer in a Wine prefix.

epub to azw3 best practices here would be appreciated.

thanks.
procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by procyon View Post
the few books I have purchased from Amazon in azw3 format contain left-aligned text, however I was informed that this was a KFX only feature.
In KF8 (azw3) format paragraphs default to being justified, but may optionally have ragged right margins (left aligned) if that is specified in the CSS.

KFX format allows the reader to switch between justified and left alignment when the book is read. This only works with recent Kindle apps/firmware, such as Kindle firmware version 5.8.9 or later.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
azw3, enhanced typesetting, epub