Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #106
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
ES Media or Video Player, did you installed those on your own? Or are they part of the Dolphin Browser HD?
I don't see an icon for ES Media on my A500, but it did work when I clicked on it to view the shows at http://m.cwtv.com/ using Dolphin Browser HD. The icon called "Video player" on the popup at CW is actually the same one that's titled "Gallery" on the tablet, which was preinstalled.

Quote:
Any of you folks try these honeycomb tips?

http://zetastix.com/mobile-phone/20-...ps-and-tricks/
I'll have to take a look at those tips. I've taught myself a lot about Android by trial and error, but I know there's still a lot to learn!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #107
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I installed the Dolphin browser and sites where I was trying to watch some videos with the stock browser that did not work all do now! Strange but I do not care since I am liking Dolphin better anyway.

I saw the thread about the 7" Asus tablet. They keep changing the Prime arrival dates at stores so little hope for the 7".
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #108
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I installed the Dolphin browser and sites where I was trying to watch some videos with the stock browser that did not work all do now! Strange but I do not care since I am liking Dolphin better anyway.
Fantastic! I really like the Dolphin browser too. I created gestures for my most-visited websites, so it's fast to switch pages.

Quote:
I saw the thread about the 7" Asus tablet. They keep changing the Prime arrival dates at stores so little hope for the 7".
That new 7" ASUS tablet (model M370T) that's coming soon looks great! Quad core with a 1280 x 800 display for $249! I don't regret buying the A100. I knew that well-priced tablets were coming this month, but it was a great deal for $189. But if I hadn't purchased the A100, I'd be looking at the new 7" ASUS. It'll be interesting to see if it has the same features as the Acer tablets, especially all the ports.

The ASUS Prime just got Ice Cream Sandwich, by the way. I expect that'll be coming to the Acer tablets within the next few weeks (or month).
Old 01-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #109
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Any of you folks try these honeycomb tips?

http://zetastix.com/mobile-phone/20-...ps-and-tricks/
Thanks....I found this helpful.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #110
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I downloaded the user manual for the A500. It was halfway decent but I already knew most of what it included having used the A100 for awhile as well.

It is all a learning process. I don't have much fun initially cause I put a device through its paces prior to the return policy time limit for the things that I want to use it for.

It's lots to go through but I think I'll do so as it probably will be worthwhile:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1133

Also, try to view some HD trailers on IMDB.com. It will give one a feel for the picture quality on the device and how well your wi-fi can handle the feed hopefully without constant buffering. Make sure you view in 720 HD resolution and click appropriately on that choice.

And Netflix has some streams listings for movies in HD as well. Try "No Strings Attached".

Last edited by robertc88; 01-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #111
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
After about a month, still liking the A100. No trouble reading on it (though I still do most of my reading on my Pocket Edge) and I really don't have any issues with the screen.

BTW, this size tablet rocks as an in car GPS navigator. Right now I'm playing with the Sygic free trial, but will probably go with CoPilot.

I spent a lot of time looking for a car charger, then just decided to get an inverter as a "universal" charger. The inverter along with a few modifications to the Tuf Luv case I got (see Below), and this A100 is going on the road!

5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #112
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

I love the portability of the A100. I've played with GPS in the car, but I haven't quite figured it all out yet. I also got a cable that connects the A100 to the car's speaker input jack so I can listen to music stored on the microSD card while driving.

I have a Kindle, but I've been reading on the A100 much more often than the Kindle. The backlit screen doesn't bother me like I thought it would. I'm also surprised at how much I enjoy watching movies on it.