Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
mdclanahan
Connoisseur
mdclanahan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 6th Gen
Updating collections without re-sending books

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so if a moderator feels it belongs in the Calibre forum, feel free to move it.

I use the method found on the Kobo Shelves and Collections wiki to keep the collections on my Kobo organized. I've recently been going through Calibre and adding some new collections and revising how I have things grouped. My question is this: Is there any way to update the collections on my Kobo without transferring all my books from Calibre again? I wish this would work wirelessly/automatically somehow.

Please advise,
mdclanahan
mdclanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
All you should need to do is connect your Kobo to calibre via the USB cable, let it do its stuff then safely disconnect again.

If this doesn't work then:
  • make sure you've set Preferences | Import/Export | Sending books to devices | Metadata management to 'Automatic management'
  • make sure you've ticked the options for creating Collections in the config screen of your calibre Kobo driver (either KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, kobo