Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #91
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geoslake: Err, what, exactly, are you talking about?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #92
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoslake View Post
- - - -
Ive properly followed the instructions on page 1, everything went fine, the only problem is that the keyboard key does nothing, so I cannot edit values etc.
- - - -
Edit values of what?
KUAL does not have any (on screen) values to be edited.

(IWTF)
No, the Urban Dictionary will not help you with that one, sorry. It dates from about 1845.

Last edited by knc1; 10-26-2014 at 09:43 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #93
geoslake
geoslake began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT & Kobo Aura
Thanks for replying guys.
Well, then its maybe not a kual problem.
Fact is, once I run Kual, im unable to access the on screen keyboard (using the nt4 keyboard button), either in Librerator or Coolreader, so i thought its kual related...
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #94
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Neither of those apps rely on the default OSK, AFAIK.

KUAL certainly doesn't, since the KB key is bound to 'go to top' there.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #95
NiLuJe
BLAM!

TITLE: MR Package Installer

UPSTREAM SOURCE: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251143

SUPPORTS: Anything KUAL handles.

REQUIRES: Nothing specific.

LINK: N/A

AUTHOR: NiLuJe

NOTES: Do read the dedicated thread .
Old 02-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #96
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
TITLE: LibrarianSync -- sync collections via Librarian or calibre

UPSTREAM SOURCE: https://www.github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync

SUPPORTS:
  • DX No
  • K3 No
  • K4 No
  • Touch Yes
  • PW Yes
  • PW2 Yes
  • KV Yes
REQUIRES: python

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245691

AUTHOR: barsanuphe

NOTES:
Distributed as an update.bin package. You will need a decent unarchiver to open the tar.gz archive -- I recommend 7-Zip on Windows.

You can also download a zip of the GitHub repo containing the extension folder.

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-01-2015 at 03:01 PM. Reason: KV confirmed
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #97
badkatro
badkatro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 650
Quote:
  • DX No
  • K3 No
  • K4 No
  • Touch Yes
  • PW Yes
  • PW2 Yes
  • KV Probably
Hi, eschwartz,

First of all thanks so much for your work. I just wanted you to know that I installed librariansync on my Voyage (jailbroke it by serial and I had already installed the prerequisites).

I just had to use the source code from github instead of the bin file, since mrinstaller apparently refused to install it (could not find any "lybrariansync" in the KUAL).

It did work for me though and I tried it by creating some folders. The respective command did create the required folders.

I thought you might want to mark the program as Kindle Voyage compatible and eventually make the necessary changes if the ball is in your court...

Thanks a lot,
Claude.

Edit: Forgot to supply details: my Voyage's serial starts with B013. It was bought in US, it's a Voyage WiFi. I'm on FW 5.6.1 and the touchscreen device is /dev/input/event1 (tried it with evtest).

Last edited by badkatro; 03-01-2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Forgot important details
badkatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #98
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good to know barsanuphe's hack is confirmed working on the KV.

I will post for barsanuphe to rebuild with the latest kindletool snapshot for KV support.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:54 AM   #99
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
TITLE: Duokan Installer v2

SUPPORTS:
  • DX No
  • K3 ?
  • K4 ?
  • Touch ?
  • PW Yes
  • PW2 Yes
REQUIRES: Duokan2014

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1424

AUTHOR: thomass

NOTES: How to use it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir007 View Post
put the DK_System folder in root, install this in KUAL and run it
You can find Duokan related infos on this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=150175

Last edited by thomass; 05-28-2015 at 03:03 AM. Reason: changed the image
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #100
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That one had me thinking in circles for a few ....

The embedded image, on a K3, shows something running and yet the installer is listed as: "K3 ?"

In case it is not immediately obvious to someone else (like it wasn't with me) ....

The embedded image in the post is of Doukan itself running on a K3.

The listing (showing unknown for the K3) is referring to the Doukan **Installer** listed in the post above.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:54 AM   #101
pavlukivan
pavlukivan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WIFI
TITLE: BrainF**k interpreter

UPSTREAM SOURCE: N/A

SUPPORTS:
  • DX Yes ( All Revisions )
  • K3 Yes ( All Revisions )
  • K4 Yes ( All Revisions )
  • Touch Yes ( All Revisions )
  • PW Yes ( All Revisions )

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...1&d=1449042053

AUTHOR: pavlukivan

NOTES: Based on https://github.com/aszlig/shellfuck. Read about BF at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainfuck
pavlukivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #102
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

@pavlukivan

That attachment doesn't exist, but it doesn't seem to have been attached to this post, which means it must have an upstream in another post at least.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #103
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
@pavlukivan

That attachment doesn't exist, but it doesn't seem to have been attached to this post, which means it must have an upstream in another post at least.
I seem to recall somebody doing this (twobob?) in the past.
This must be just a listing update, not a new application.

How the link - -
I made an attachment yesterday, its numbered 144,219
The one above is numbered 144,233 (14 more recent).
attachment 144,223 is the xray-builder archive.
attachment 144,228 is invalid
attachment 144,226 is a re-direct
attachment 144,227 is valid
attachment 144,224 is valid
attachment 144,225 is a duplicate re-direct of 144,226 (oops - that must be where it went).

Last edited by knc1; 12-02-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #104
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
TITLE: TimedLock -- control passcode requirements on a schedule

SUPPORTS:
  • DX No
  • K3 No
  • K4 No
  • Touch Untested
  • PW Yes

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=268931

AUTHOR: peterson

NOTES:

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-22-2015 at 03:50 PM.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #105
peterson
Connoisseur
peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
TITLE: Front Light Master

SUPPORTS:
  • DX No
  • K3 No
  • K4 No
  • Touch Unknown
  • PW Yes (PW1, PW2)

LINK:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=236491

AUTHOR: peterson
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote