Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
Please add native support of 18:9 screens

Hi Please add support natively to 18:9 screens as their is a black bar underneath in aosp custom roms in these aspect ratio screens in my Xiaomi redmi 5 plus in 8.1 havoc rom
I think this may help adding this line in the manifest of app in this link
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...n-android-apps
Thanks alot
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This is in fact not easy because of other "features" that come along with it. I must "target" a later release of Android, which will break passing books to reader apps (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295599). I must work around that problem before I can consider anything else. I need to do this before the end of the year or I won't be able to release CC updates.

It is worth noting that "fixing" this problem also requires enabing multi-window, yet another can of worms. I don't have a 2:1 device, much less one that can do multi-window, which is concerning. I don't want to introduce features that I can't test.

Bottom line: someday, maybe.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote