Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
P.Eric
P.Eric began at the beginning.

Device: none
MM SD external path

Hi,
I'm using CC to manage my books on my devices and Moon Reader to read them.
Today I have instaled on my phone a MM ROM and wanted to keep the SD Card as external.
In this configuration I can not use MoonReader to read a book I see in CC, MoonReader will open but will not open the book. I think it's because the two apps have differents pathes for my librairy:
For CC it's: "/mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/Books"
and for MR it's: "/storage/4D96-1407/Books".
As neither has the possibility to modify the path manualy, I don't know how to change that...
Is there a solution?

Than you, sorry for the english...
P.Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:07 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am not sure what you are doing. When you use CC to "Read" the book, CC passes the full path to Moon+. Moon+ should show the path that CC gave it.

Questions:
  1. What version of CC are you running?
  2. What version of Android are you running?
  3. What is an MM ROM?
  4. Are you opening the book from inside CC or with Moon+?
  5. You say that the two are using different paths. Using a file manager, are the books visible via both paths?
It would help if you send me a CC debug log. Please erase the "multipie.co.uk" email address.

Note 1: I suspect that the "MM Rom" is doing something strange with permissions. Did you reformat the SD card after updating the ROM?

Note 2: You can attempt to change CC's path in CC's Settings / Formats and Folders. I don't doing this will have any effect at all.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #3
P.Eric

Thank You for you answer Sir,

Here are the answers at your questions, but before I wanted to say that CC is the only app in my phone to show this path (/mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/) for my SD card. Rocket Player, X-plore, Acrobat Reader have "/storage/4D96-1407/" and I can open a book with MoonReader or Acrobat from within X-plore without trouble.

Answers:
I'm using the last version of CC: 5.1.0.3 (320)

My version of Android is Marsmallow ROM, 6.0.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...f-6-0-t3284309)
with this Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...4-108-t3169304

With a MM ROM, I wanted to say a Marshmallow ROM...sorry.

Q:"Are you opening the book from inside CC or with Moon+?"
That's the point, when I try to open a epub in CC it open MoonReader but but it don't open the book. If I want to open the book with MoonReader I have to search for the book from within MoonReader and open it. As I'm using the Calibre ID as the file name (for reading positon syncronisation reason) if I import the books in MoonReader I will find it because MoonReader read the tags, but in Acrobat Reader I will have just a list of title without signification.

The filemanager i'm using (X-plore) show me the path:"/storage/4D96-1407/"

I have reinstaled the ROM with TWRP after a try to use the SD as internal storage. Before the instal I format the card as external storage to put the ROM, Gapps, etc on it and reboot to TWRP. I formated the data, erase everything but SD and instal the ROM.
I tried 2 things with CC: Instal it from the Playstore and configure it from zero, and reinstal a Titanium backup from a Lolipop ROM, both with the same result.

When I want to change the folder in the CC settings, it's posible but with its strange path. I can tell CC to use the folder I want, it's just that for CC this folder's name is: /mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/Books and for the others apps it's: /storage/4D96-1407/Books. CC can write the book on the folder, connect with the PC and everything but it will not send a book to a reader app.

I thank you very much for your time and your app. If I need a reader like MoonReader, I just love CC and I'm ready to reinstal everything to make it work.
I send you the CC debug log, it has only one book for test purpose.
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre.companion.debug.log.txt (37.8 KB, 135 views)
Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Eric View Post
Thank You for you answer Sir,

Here are the answers at your questions, but before I wanted to say that CC is the only app in my phone to show this path (/mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/) for my SD card. Rocket Player, X-plore, Acrobat Reader have "/storage/4D96-1407/" and I can open a book with MoonReader or Acrobat from within X-plore without trouble.

Answers:
I'm using the last version of CC: 5.1.0.3 (320)

My version of Android is Marsmallow ROM, 6.0.1 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...f-6-0-t3284309)
with this Kernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...4-108-t3169304

With a MM ROM, I wanted to say a Marshmallow ROM...sorry.
That is Android 23, so CC is using the Android SAF (Storage Access Framework). When you go to CC's Folders and Formats, CC asks Android to open a dialog to select the folder and to give CC permissions to read/write that folder. CC has no control over that dialog. In other words, CC is not choosing that path, Android is. I do not know where Android gets that path, but it is probably in a configuration file somewhere.
Quote:
The filemanager i'm using (X-plore) show me the path:"/storage/4D96-1407/"
Does the path /mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/ exist? Also, unless you have rooted the device the file manager must also use the SAF, so it should get the same folder. If it does not, and apparently it does not, then there must be something in the OS that needs configuring.
Quote:
When I want to change the folder in the CC settings, it's posible but with its strange path. I can tell CC to use the folder I want, it's just that for CC this folder's name is: /mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/Books and for the others apps it's: /storage/4D96-1407/Books. CC can write the book on the folder, connect with the PC and everything but it will not send a book to a reader app.
Actually, it *is* sending the path to the reader app. My guess is that Moon+ does not have permissions to read that path, which means that the Android installation is broken in some way.
Quote:
I send you the CC debug log, it has only one book for test purpose.
I never received the debug log. Did you actually send it? [EDIT]The debug log has appeared as an attachment!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:51 PM   #5
P.Eric

"Does the path /mnt/media_rw/4D96-1407/ exist?"

Yes, but I see it only with a root explorer! I don't know how CC can know/use it, it doesn't has or ask for root access. When the apps ask for storage permissions, it's the same little window for CC or the readers apps. Is it possible to use an app (like my file manager) to search and select the folder?

Thank you for your time, I knew that this kind of ROM are not perfect
Advert
Old 03-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I think that the problem might be more general than just you. I don't have a device with an SD card running API 23. It seems that SD card support has changed enough in API 23 to break my code.

If I sent you experimental APK files, would you try them?
Old 03-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #7
P.Eric

Yes, sure.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks!

Please send me a "Private Message" with the email address I should use.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I will send you an APK in around 2 hours.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

APK sent.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #11
P.Eric

work perfectly. I have sent the log by mail, thank you very much!!