Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #181
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Semwize: please test again, thank you.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #182
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
test again
Everything is perfect: both collections and series, everything works.

I can’t give you a plus, writes that must spread reputation first

@frostschutz: help set up with work from under NickelMenu. I can’t do it in any way, but it would be very convenient. Yes, and the USB port of the device will live longer than fewer connections ...
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2020, 04:14 AM   #183
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
Hello,

Is there a way to generate collections from the first n folder names only? For example, consider the structure like

.../Language/Gender/...other subfolders.../book.epub

The idea is to have collections like

Language/Gender

and put everything inside that subtree as part of this collection, without creating collections for all folders deeper than this.

Thank you!
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:43 AM   #184
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No such option currently, it just uses the whole dirname.

Is this something you want for one folder specifically or like a global max depth for everything?
Old 08-12-2020, 07:21 AM   #185
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
I am thinking at a global max depth for everything. Would allow two in one: (a) full substructure on my system; (b) only higher level structure for collections.
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #186
Lilant
Lilant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo nia
Hi frostschutz, thank you for developing this application and supporting it up to this day.

I recently purchased the new Kobo Nia (my first Kobo) and the app seems to be working perfectly for it in the sense that it creates the folder structure in the "collections" tab, however, it does not seem to place the actual books in the collections themselves (it says 0 books and the collections are empty - and yes the books are on my device). I can't be bothered to set up Calibre to import my windows folder structure unto my ereader so I'm hoping you have a quick and ready solution and/or update for your app otherwise I guess I'll have to use Calibre. Thanks in advance and again thank you for making the app in the first place!

Kind regards,
Lilant
Lilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #187
frostschutz
Linux User

@Lilant

that's using the latest file? (currently -20200702)

I just did a clean reinstall with that and it works for me on Kobo H2O, firmware 4.23.15548.

So not sure what's happening for you. You could enable the logfile in .addons/autoshelf/autoshelf.cfg and PM me...
Old 09-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #188
Lilant
Lilant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo nia
It did work after a couple of reconnect so I don't know what happened there. Thanks anyway!
Lilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:33 AM   #189
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Will this work with the Aura One?

I am asking because I think I have followed the process and nothing appears to happen.

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it to a folder on my PC. I then renamed the KoboRoot-AutoShelf-20200702.tgz file to KoboRoot.tgz and copied this to .kobo on my One.

Nothing happened when I tapped on the screen, and upon disconnecting the reader from the PC there was no change in Books.

Have I done all that correctly?

Edit:
It appears to be working now. I connected my reader to my PC this morning and the Autoshelf icon has appeared on the screen. Looking in the .kobo folder the KoboRoot.tgz is no longer present - is that correct?

Last edited by Ashjuk; 10-28-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:08 AM   #190
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A huge thank you to the creator of this it has saved me a ton of work having to create collections for my books.

But I have quick question.

After disconnecting the reader I see that Autoshelf seems to have worked in that it has catalogued the majority of my books to reflect the folder structure I use, but there appears to be some folders missing.

I have this structure Books/Author/Series

Books/Isaac Assimov/Galactic Empire Series
/Robot Series
/The Foundation Series

Whilst it appears to have included both the Galactic Empire and The Foundation folders the Robot Series is not there.

There are other folders which are missing too, and in some folders that are there have books missing - for instance the Biographies folder only shows three books of the five that are in it.

Any ideas?

Edit:
OK - I seemed to have solved the problem.
I reconnected the reader to the PC and toggled the Autoshelf icon a couple of times. I then disconnected the reader and all the folders are now there and have the correct number of books.

Last edited by Ashjuk; 10-28-2020 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #191
frostschutz
Linux User

Are those new books you just copied over? AutoShelf only works for books that already existed in the database.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #192
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Are those new books you just copied over? AutoShelf only works for books that already existed in the database.
I have just edited my post.
Yes I discovered you have to toggle Autoshelf to get it to see any new books or changes of location.

Thanks for this - it's a great addition to the Kobo
Old 09-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #193
m_pluto
m_pluto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
I have a quick question, where can I change the output/formatting of the collection names?

ex: they all output as author/series/

I'd at the very least like to remove the last slash from the collection name at the very least, and at best either separate the entries for author & series or instead of a "/" character use a ";" or " - " .

I saw that there is a config file, and my "coding skillz" (if they can be called that) amount to me looking stuff up and following precise directions with a lot of copy/paste once I know what to edit.
m_pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:30 AM   #194
frostschutz
Linux User

Not possible, because it uses the trailing / to differentiate autoshelf shelves vs. custom made shelves. So unfortunately, there is no setting to get rid of it. Sorry to disappoint.

If you want the collection to show up as "Author - Series/", you'd have to create a directory structure to that effect. AutoShelf just uses whatever is in the path name, like a file browser would - unfortunately Kobo still doesn't offer one.

Some 3rd party readers do, though, so there is that option.
Old 12-25-2021, 11:31 AM   #195
vdanjean
vdanjean began at the beginning.

Adaptation for new kobo Sage

Hi,
I've a Kobo Sage (that, more or less, replace the Kobo Forma). I was using autoshelf on Kobo Forma and Kobo H2O, so I would like to use it on Kobo Sage.

Two things :
1) the kernel module is now named 'g_mass_storage' instead of 'g_file_storage'
Code:
[root@kobo ~]# uname -a
Linux kobo 4.9.56 #250 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 29 17:39:16 CST 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux
So, the udev rule file must be adapted. I duplicated the rule, so the same archive works on both old and new Kobo.

2) fbink does not work on this model.
Here is the log on stderr :
Code:
+ fbink -g 'file=/usr/local/AutoShelf/autoshelf-off.png'
[FBInk] Couldn't find a Kobo version tag (onboard unmounted or not running on a Kobo?)!
[FBInk] Unknown Kobo PCB ID index (98 >= 88)!
[FBInk] Detected a Kobo Trilogy? (0 =>  @ )
[FBInk] Enabled Kobo w/o Multi-Touch quirks
[FBInk] Clock tick frequency appears to be 100 Hz
[FBInk] Screen density set to 167 dpi
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 1920x1440, 32bpp @ rotation: 0 (Upright, 0°)
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 16x16 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 120 cols, Page size: 90 rows
[FBInk] Horizontal fit is perfect!
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "", length of fb mem: 22118400 bytes & line length: 7680 bytes
[FBInk] Pen colors set to #000000 for the foreground and #FFFFFF for the background
I do not know what to do here. But, even if nothing is displayed, autoshelf works (typing the screen launch the database rebuild)

If you need more info to fix fbink, please ask. I've a root shell on the Kobo Sage.

Regards
vdanjean is offline   Reply With Quote