Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2019, 11:21 PM   #1
Colc
Enthusiast
Colc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unable to send via email, manually or send to device

Earlier This year I posted that I could no longer email books to my Kindle Paperwhite nor any other email address, I tried all suggested replies with no luck.
Since then I have been transferring the books manually through Windows.
Today that option also does not work, The transfer seems to work but does not appear on the Kindle.
I have copied both Calibre and Kindle data to a hard drive with the idea that I might reset/format either or both, and start over, but thought I might check here to ascertain if there were any problems I might encounter, going down that path.
I notice that the “send to device” icon has disappeared as well.
Colc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the send to device icons has disappeared how are you transferring books?

And if a book does not show up after a transfer, it will be because some book on the kindle is causing its indexer to crash. See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...id-not-show-up
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2019, 12:47 AM   #3
Colc
Enthusiast
Colc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
As I said I was transferring manually via Windows (copy and paste).
Is there anyway I can restore the "send to" icon?
Thanks for the prompt reply and link, I will give it a try.
Colc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If your device is not being detected in calibre see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ted-by-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote