Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Copying to library based on tags

Hi all.

Is there an easy method of copying books with (or without) certain tags to a different calibre library. The method I know of is to filter books by tags, select all, right click and copy to library.

If there is an easier way, please let me know!

Alternatively, if there is any interest, I may try to create a plugin that can do this automatically. It would be a "my first plugin" attempt.

(I know you can do this with virtual libraries, but I want a complete subset of my calibre library that can be shared over Dropbox/BT Sync etc.)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That is a pretty easy method... As far as I am aware, it is the fastest.

You need to tell it somehow, which books should be copied.

You can create a saved search if you find yourself doing the same tags search multiple times, but you will still have to click at least once.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert