Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #61
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Am I just grumpy this morning, or the blurb for this one kind of a train wreck? Makes me wonder who was responsible for saying, "Yes! This will definitely draw people in!" Even at the awesome price of FREE I hesitate, especially with no reviews.
It's not just you, that blurb is terrible. FWIW, I found the book enjoyable when I pickled it up from Smashwords way back when. Not exactly deep or profound, but good light-weight entertainment.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #62
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Marina Oliver is well known author. She's been writing since the 70s. She's from the UK. I don't know who wrote the synopsis for this but you're right it doesn't make sense and needs to be rewritten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
It's not just you, that blurb is terrible. FWIW, I found the book enjoyable when I pickled it up from Smashwords way back when. Not exactly deep or profound, but good light-weight entertainment.
Okay, I'll grab it then. Thank you both for the input. I'm also glad to know it wasn't just me.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #63
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Okay, I'll grab it then. Thank you both for the input. I'm also glad to know it wasn't just me.
Hope you got it, because it is no longer free!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #64
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Hope you got it, because it is no longer free!
Yeah, I got it in time.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #65
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

River of Eden US DE by Tara Janzen, which was first published by Bantam in 2002.

Quote:
A LOST WORLD
In the heart of the rain forest lies a prize Dr. Annie Parrish is willing to risk her life for, an extraordinary orchid known to the Indians as “The Messenger.” With her resources dwindling and time running out, only one man comes cheap enough and is skilled enough to take her deeper into the savage reaches of the Great Green Hell known as the Amazon.

A ROGUE SCIENTIST
William Sanchez Travers has macaw feathers tied in his hair, a week’s worth of beard, and a shaman’s crystal hanging around his neck, convincing Annie that even the wildest stories she’s heard about him don’t tell the tale. A Harvard-trained botanist, the once world-renowned professor lost his reputation – and some say his mind – when he vanished from his camp on the Rio Cauaburi and disappeared for a year in the forest. Now he’s back, in a seedy waterfront bar with a beer in his hand and a mulatto woman doing the lambada on his lap – and against every ounce of common sense she has, Annie’s about to make him a deal.

ONCE THEIR JOURNEY BEGINS, THERE’S NO TURNING BACK
The last thing Will needs is a woman whose secrets run as deep and dark as his own. A renegade in her own right, the legendary Amazon Annie is a magnet for trouble – and he’s already got plenty. He’s out to destroy a devil named Corisco Vargas, before the twisted army major can unleash his nightmarish forces on the whole of the Amazon. Trapped between a shaman’s mystical visions and the violence of the real world, their journey quickly becomes one of desperate danger. But which force will rule their fate – justice, vengeance, or a power as potent and seductive as the Amazon itself?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Caroline by Cynthia Wright (Historical Romance)
Special Author's Cut Edition - New Revision 6/12
Originally published by Ballantine Books.

Authors Note, June 2012 - This new, subtly revised version of CAROLINE addresses concerns voiced by some readers that Alec Beauvisage was an alpha hero to the point of being unkind at times. CAROLINE was originally written & published in 1977, but times have changed - and I have changed. In this new edition, Alec is a more mature alpha hero and Caro is a stronger heroine. If you have read and loved CAROLINE in the past, I think you will love it even more now!

I'm happy I bought it before she did that!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Law and Miss Penny by Sharon Ihle is finally free at Amazon. A historical western romance formally published by Avon in 1994.

Texas Lily (Too Hard To Handle, Book 1) by Patricia Rice is finally free at Amazon. A historical western romance formally published by Topaz in 1994.

Note: These were first free at iTunes a week or so ago. Thanks to all who kept reporting them!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #68
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Note: These were first free at iTunes a week or so ago. Thanks to all who kept reporting them!
Whoop! I like the itunes versions because they are epub, but these were all infected with some nasty DRM.

----------------------------------

This was posted on the DANL Facebook page:

Quote:
We're pleased to announce another new sale starting today. We are celebrating author Judi Fennell and have her five books available for the member price of $1.49 through July 26, 2012.

Included are In Over Her Head, Wild Blue Under, Catch of a Lifetime, I Dream of Genie, and Genie Knows Best. This is a great opportunity to discover Judi's writing.

You can find all of her books at: http://www.discoveranewlove.com/stor...uthor_id=A1601

We speculated about this sale earlier this month.

"I Dream of Genies" was a freebie in November, so check your archives before shopping!

(I have it, but have not read it, so I dunno if it's any good...)
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #69
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
And the "discover15" coupon code still works!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #70
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Free at Amazon

Arrow to the heart by Jennifer Blake First Pub -Ballantine 1993

Quote:
Around two of the most wonderful characters she has ever created, Jennifer Blake spins an utterly passionate story set within a steamy, languorous time and place: nineteenth-century Louisiana, where a Southern version of the medieval court of love still flourished....

Their marriage merged two o f Louisiana's most prominent families. But after five years, Katrine remained untouched in body and heart, her husband unable to fulfill his wish to produce an heir. For the sake of that goal, Giles would allow his wife to be bedded by the noble man who won the annual tournament of champions, a medieval contest held on the grounds of Arcadia, his magnificent estate.

The honor fell to Rowan de Blanc, who had his own secret reason for joining the games. Katrine refused to submit to her husband's insane demands, no matter how devastatingly attractive her chosen partner. Succumbing to temptation would mean defeat for them both... until love and desire interfered with their best intentions ....

National Best Seller and Doubleday Book Club Selection
Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, Best Historical 1992 - 1993
The author also has some other titles free today but this one appealed to me probably due to its southern setting

Last edited by melmac; 07-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #71
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

Sleepless in Savannah US DE by Rita Herron (known for her Harlequin romances), first published by Lovespell in 2003. There is no blurb at Amazon, but this is what fictiondb says:

Quote:
As one last play for the man of her dreams, Sophie Lane put her heart on the line and convinced Lance Summers to appear on the matchmaking episode of her talk show--as a contestant. With a little behind-the-scenes maneuvering, she and the sexy developer would end up together. Then Lance pulled a fast one on her, and Sophie vowed not to lose any more sleep over him.

Lance's unbelievable attraction to Sophie threatened his treasured bachelorhood; so, when he discovered she'd rigged the game to hook him, he performed a little bait and switch of his own. Now he was free, but Sophie was on a date with someone else! Tortured by images of her with another man, Lance developed a terrible case of insomnia--one only a lifetime of nights tangling with the sassy talk show hostess would cure.
The Warrior Trainer US DE by Gerri Russell, a repeat freebie.

Border Lord's Bride US DE by Gerri Russell. I can't find a paper edition of this one, but the author has published with Leisure

Quote:
A man on a mission...

To protect his sisters from disaster, Lucius Carr leaves the Templar Knights and returns home to his Scottish estate to assume the family's earldom little expecting to inherit a bride in the bargain.

A woman from his past...

Elizabeth Huntingdon had spurned him once before in favor of his brother. Lucius bears the physical scars of battle as well as the emotional scars of betrayal. He vows to guard himself against the one woman who enchanted him heart and soul.

A desire neither can resist...

Neither Lucius nor Elizabeth expects to join forces for the sake of his sisters. Or have their loyalties tested as they struggle against the potent desire that threatens to consume them both. She is the last woman on earth he wants to marry, yet the only woman he could ever imagine as the...Border Lord's Bride.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

You can find the rest of the free books from this promo at this site Free Par-Tay
There's Jennifer St Giles and Stephanie Bond so be sure to pick those up.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Some Bargains!

Dangerous by Diana Palmer is on sale for $1.87

Cold Dawn by Carla Neggers is on sale for $1.24

Home in Time for Christmas by Heather Graham for $1.24
Note: Hard to believe I paid $20 for the hardback of this. Was it worth it?
No. Is it worth $1.24? Yes! It's a nice time travel story to read during the holidays.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #74
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Note: Hard to believe I paid $20 for the hardback of this. Was it worth it?
No. Is it worth $1.24? Yes!
There are so, so very many books this is true for!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #75
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Free at Amazon

Arrow to the heart by Jennifer Blake First Pub -Ballantine 1993

The author also has some other titles free today but this one appealed to me probably due to its southern setting
Ah, this cover is exactly why I am pleased with my kindle! Thanks
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote