Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Okay...so which folder is my SD Card?!?!

I went out and bought an SD card today. When I put it in, I got a notification that said, "Preparing SD Card" and that's it....

I wanted to move some photos I copied onto my 'hard drive' to my sdcard, but I have no idea how to do this. When I go into Astro to look at my folders, I see a file folder called 'sdcard' in the 'mnt' folder. That's obviously my non-removable 8 GB 'hard drive', as it has all my applications in it (not sure why it's called sdcard...that's misleading!). So I see a bunch of other empty folders, but I have NO IDEA which one is my SD Card. I don't see a 'drive' letter like I would in windows, nor do I see anything that indicates folder size or bytes remaining to give me a clue (even in 'list' view).

Where the heck is this SD Card!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
/mnt/extsd is the folder you're looking for.

Also make sure you've got the SD card mounted by going into Settings -> Storage. The Gallery app will automatically search for photos on any media plugged into the Kobo Vox, so you don't need to hunt for it if you're using that.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
NotchJ
NotchJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It is pretty confusing but in Android /sdcard refers to the internal storage.

On most Android devices the external card is under /removable/MicroSD but on the Vox I think it's /extsd.
NotchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Great - thanks, I got it.

The SD Card appears to have automatically mounted itself, so that's great.

It sure is a pain to navigate here - no dragging and dropping! Also, looks like I couldn't 'move' my files. I had to 'copy' them and then delete the originals!!! Does that sound right? They were photos...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Sounds like a permissions issue, pokee - I've seen that before with other Android-based file browsers. And you can multiselect with some file managers to copy them.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert