Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #121
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Please elaborate on "does not work".
Better questions lead to better answers.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #122
JJJM
JJJM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please elaborate on "does not work".
Better questions lead to better answers.
It always says the same message: Invalid entry
JJJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #123
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
k2pdfopt command-line tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJM View Post
Thanks for your quick and precise reply.

I have exactly typed: k2pdfopt *.djvu -m 0.05 -as- -ws 0.2 -col 1

And it says invalid entry. I have checked examples and I think I did it right but there must be sth wrong. Could you help?

Thanks again.
1. There should not be a hyphen after -as (-as- is incorrect). But that shouldn't be causing the "Invalid entry."

2. Try adding -ui- to the command line so that the user input prompting is turned off, e.g.

k2pdfopt -m 0.05 -as -ws 0.2 -col 1 -ui- *.djvu

3. If that doesn't work, and you are running in Linux, try putting *.djvu in double quotes, e.g. "*.djvu".

4. FYI, arguments before or after file names on the command-line doesn't matter. k2pdfopt scans the entire command line for option flags first and then goes back and does all of the files with the specified options.

Also: Are you typing the options as part of the command line (which is what I intend) or are you typing them into the user input menu/prompt from k2pdfopt (not intended and won't work)?

Last edited by willus; 08-24-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added final question
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #124
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

K2pdfopt source

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefUser View Post
I made some tests a few days ago and got about 2-3 minutes per page on a 600Mhz ARM with qemu-x86 emulation. No idea how much the emulator slows things down, but a native binary should be at least 2 times as fast (not to mention what's possible on a 1,2Ghz dual core ARM). Therefore, converting a research paper during lunch seams plausible

Did you consider releasing your program as open source software? Mupdf and it's thirdparty libraries easily compile for ARM (android, and GCC/X11 based). So if you have no time (or reason) to port it, please let others try to port/use it.
Btw: You know that Mupdf is not BSD-licensed but GPL (and you link statically)?
My next release will include source code. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #125
JJJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
1. There should not be a hyphen after -as (-as- is incorrect). But that shouldn't be causing the "Invalid entry."

2. Try adding -ui- to the command line so that the user input prompting is turned off, e.g.

k2pdfopt -m 0.05 -as -ws 0.2 -col 1 -ui- *.djvu

3. If that doesn't work, and you are running in Linux, try putting *.djvu in double quotes, e.g. "*.djvu".

4. FYI, arguments before or after file names on the command-line doesn't matter. k2pdfopt scans the entire command line for option flags first and then goes back and does all of the files with the specified options.

Also: Are you typing the options as part of the command line (which is what I intend) or are you typing them into the user input menu/prompt from k2pdfopt (not intended and won't work)?
Hello. Sorry for not answering, I was off.

I am in windows 7. I have tried your proposal using -ui but it keeps on saying "Invalid entry".

I captured the screen for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fe50jur5agqmpw0

Thanks anyway.
Advert
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #126
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Remove the "k2pdfopt" from the input line.
It is not one of the "option above" list.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #127
JJJM

Quote:
Remove the "k2pdfopt" from the input line.
It is not one of the "option above" list.
Sorry, but I also removed k2pdfopt and got the same error.

Capture attached.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cbbo0ptq9atxdh
Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #128
knc1
Going Viral

Now try it without specifing a wildcard file name.
I.E: specify the actual name of a single file.
(and hope the author gets the hint from this thread to improve his error message.)
Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #129
JJJM

Quote:
Now try it without specifing a wildcard file name.
I.E: specify the actual name of a single file.
(and hope the author gets the hint from this thread to improve his error message.)
Already done, with pdf and djvu specific files, but same message.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #130
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Sorry, but I also removed k2pdfopt and got the same error.

Capture attached.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2cbbo0ptq9atxdh
Dead link. Message says "file deleted".

EDIT: Now it works again. That is odd. Was it being replaced when I first tried to view it?
Direct view link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2cbbo0ptq9atxdh

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #131
knc1
Going Viral

Next suggestion:
Try the application in command line mode rather than in the inter-active mode you have been using.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #132
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Interactive menu vs. command line

Quote:
Already done, with pdf and djvu specific files, but same message.
JJMM--you are typing things into the interactive menu that I have intended to be used on the command line. They are not the same thing. It might be good if you looked at the help pages on how to customize k2pdfopt. Based on the menu prompt in your screen shots, it looks like you've already specified a .djvu file (by dragging it over to the k2pdfopt icon?), so just type this at the interactive prompt:

m <enter>
.05 <enter>
a <enter>
y <enter>
ws <enter>
.2 <enter>
co <enter>
1 <enter>
<enter>

(Don't literally type "<enter>". Just press the <enter> key.)

That will set all the options correctly (margins, auto-straighten, word spacing, and column detection) and then start the conversion. You may have to use commas instead of periods for the decimal points if you are in Europe. Not sure.

Maybe you would find the Windows GUI helpful?

Last edited by willus; 08-27-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: clarification and update
Old 08-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #133
JJJM

Quote:
Next suggestion:
Try the application in command line mode rather than in the inter-active mode you have been using.
Hello, How do you use application in command line mode?

Sorry, in instructions I only saw drag and drop method.

Thanks for your patience and help.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:47 AM   #134
JJJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
JJMM--you are typing things into the interactive menu that I have intended to be used on the command line. They are not the same thing. It might be good if you looked at the help pages on how to customize k2pdfopt. Based on the menu prompt in your screen shots, it looks like you've already specified a .djvu file (by dragging it over to the k2pdfopt icon?), so just type this at the interactive prompt:

m <enter>
.05 <enter>
a <enter>
y <enter>
ws <enter>
.2 <enter>
co <enter>
1 <enter>
<enter>

(Don't literally type "<enter>". Just press the <enter> key.)

That will set all the options correctly (margins, auto-straighten, word spacing, and column detection) and then start the conversion. You may have to use commas instead of periods for the decimal points if you are in Europe. Not sure.

Maybe you would find the Windows GUI helpful?
This way it works. Periods were good also here in Europe.

In order to avoid typing, I read this parameters could be typed under properties category of application. Is it right for this interactive method?

Thanks again.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #135
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Using same options again and again

Quote:
This way it works. Periods were good also here in Europe.

In order to avoid typing, I read this parameters could be typed under properties category of application. Is it right for this interactive method?

Thanks again.
If you want to use the same options over and over again, there are a couple of ways to do it, as described in my help pages: 1. using a shortcut, and 2. using an environment variable. In these cases, you want to use the command-line format: -m .05 -as -ws .2 -co 1

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools