Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Gary Young
Gary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beautyGary Young does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Install Calibre portable on USB stick

I just tried to set up calibre-portable on a USB memory stick on a computer running Windows XP. The USB drive was installed on the computer, and was accessible. I had copied files to the USB drive, and had set up the Calibre and Calibre2 folders.

I followed the instructions in the user's manual here http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/portable.html

When I got to this step:
◦Run the Calibre Windows installer:
■Change the install location to be the Calibre2 folder on the USB drive
I got an error message that "Installation directory must be on a local hard drive"

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gary
Gary Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not sure why the USB drive is not being recognised as a local drive!

Why not use the alternative way of getting the binaries across - install to the local hard drive and then copy across the calibre2 folder?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre-portable