Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #16
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
How annoying! Sounds like a bug where deleting a book does not delete it from a shelf... Have you contacted Kobo yet?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #17
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Not yet. I'm going to try and play around with a couple more things and see if something sticks.

I'm stubborn like that--I try to do stuff myself first. This is not always the wisest choice, but oh well.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Not yet. I'm going to try and play around with a couple more things and see if something sticks.

I'm stubborn like that--I try to do stuff myself first. This is not always the wisest choice, but oh well.
Hahaha, well, good luck with that
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

I think I know what is happening. From what I said earlier, I found an error with the driver related to recommendations. I suspect there is a similar issue with kepubs that have been deleted. I'll have a look at it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #20
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think I know what is happening. From what I said earlier, I found an error with the driver related to recommendations. I suspect there is a similar issue with kepubs that have been deleted. I'll have a look at it.
Well, somebody else messing about and finding a solution is even better--so thank you again!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #21
MisterBuggie
Enthusiast
MisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura aboutMisterBuggie has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura H20 2nd edition
Quote:
I really do love it, I do. But there's two things that are currently driving me batty.

First is the persistent multiple shelves problem. Now I can't delete them or rename them or anything--it goes through the "do you want to delete this" game, but nothing happens. It's an irritant because it's created extra pages of shelves for me to page through when I'm adding books. Has anybody found a solution to this yet?
Ugh yeah, I don't even understand where some of the shelves are coming from, as I'm pretty sure I've deleted the books that were on them and reset my KT since.
However Calibre sorts that out, with the "delete empty bookshelves" option in the driver options.
MisterBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBuggie View Post
Ugh yeah, I don't even understand where some of the shelves are coming from, as I'm pretty sure I've deleted the books that were on them and reset my KT since.
They are coming from the Kobo server. When you sync with Kobo, the shelves are recorded. If you do a factory reset, the shelves are recreated from the server. Or if you have multiple devices, the sync on the second device will create the shelves from the first.

But there is a bug on the server. It is recreating shelves that have been deleted a long time ago. Kobo know about it and are working on it. I thought they had fixed it late last year, but it has happened since for a few people.
Quote:
However Calibre sorts that out, with the "delete empty bookshelves" option in the driver options.
That requires the bookshelves to be empty. When I have had the problem. most weren't.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
Corpsegoddess
Groupie

So, the latest...

I've updated my Kobo to the new software, and the multiple shelves and "download" buttons next to books I've deleted are still there. Don't know if one has to do with the other (it seems the shelves are an account thing, but one could hope...); however, no change with the new stuff.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
I did a post about the multile shelves a few months back, it drives me nuts too. I was told it would fix in the next firmware.... I skimmed all the posts and saw someone mentioned the Kobo Server. If that's the issue my teensy it of it is still broken.
My books with the 'tap to download' do disappear from my iPad when I put them in Trash on the kobo website. I sync my KT later to see if they have gone from there for sure for you.
It makes me fed up too.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
My understanding of the multi-shelf issue is that it's on the server end. I would put in a support ticket with Kobo and ignore their factory reset or put 2.4 firmware on your Kobo advice (which some of their initial contact customer service are still giving out) and see if you can get it escalated to higher up. I don't think they have the problem fully figured out yet (mine have come and gone a few times), but you might as well get your account on the list to get cleaned up when they do get it sorted out.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #26
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
Thanks Robko.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #27
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
quick query if you have put a book in the deleted section on my library in kobo does it try to redownload when you sync?
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quick answer: No.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
My understanding of the multi-shelf issue is that it's on the server end.
Not true, although it IS a thorny problem to fix. For me, it took the iOS app, deleting shelves on it and the device, and some careful syncing at different places. (Not in that order.)

What I did was create entirely new shelves with the iOS app, move my books there, delete the old shelves in the app, sync the device, then refresh the app. The first couple of times, the duplicate shelves - which are really shelves with the same name but different database IDs - would keep reappearing as I removed different versions of them. Eventually, though, I got through all the removable shelves (Shortlist can't be removed).

As I recall, I did eventually just nuke the database on the device (after making sure the app was up-to-date), restart the device, and sync to rebuild the database from the downloaded data - but I think that was due to sideloaded books that the app obviously couldn't see to update. If all of your sideloaded books are on your card and you pull the card before you start this process, you should lose the sideloaded books' data but be able to clear out your duplicate shelves.

At any rate, once I went through that process and got rid of all my duplicate shelves, they've never come back. It was just a question of clearing that bad data out of all the parts of the ecosystem: device, app, and anything else that touched the server records.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #30
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Secondly, I'm really not liking the new addition of "download now" for kepubs that I've already deleted; they're stuck in my shelves and there's no way to get rid of them except to download the book, remove it from the shelf, and then delete it again. Any particular reason this was added? I can understand wanting to remind me to download my books, but having the option to remove them from a list, rather than just the "download" option would be nice.
In your Library > Bools view, tap the wrench at the bottom right corner. Select not to view archived books. Problem should be solved.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote