Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Touch - Will not Import Collections

Hi:

I a hope someone can help me because I am getting very frustrated. I spent the last few days updating and correcting my collections in order for them to be imported into my Touch. After I completed all that I loaded my 835 books onto the Touch, then tried to import the collections. They wouldn't work no matter what I did. I chatted with a CS rep and he said to either let it finish indexing, because this might be interfering or to wipe it back to factory default, import the collections, reload the books and then re-run import collections. I chose to go path #2. The importing collections worked when there were no books on it but when I try to report the collections after re-loading all the books they were not being imported into the collections which they belonged to. I know this process should work because I tried it with a second installation of k4pc on another computer with the same mobi files and it worked there. The process works on both the k4pc computers but will not work on the Touch. The Touch will have it's wheel spin for a minute or two but at the end there are no collections. Does anyone know if importing collections actually work on the Touch and what steps did you use? I would appreciate some feedback before I contact CS again to get a replacement.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
For my touch:

I first backed up all of the non-kindle books from my old one and transferred them to the new touch. Then I downloaded all of the books from my archive.

Once I had all of the books on the touch I went into archived items and did the import collections. At first it did the spinning circle, but I didn't notice anything happen so I tried it again. Again I didn't notice anything happen so I put kindle to sleep, and did some other things. The next morning I had everything sorted into collection, but I had duplicates of all of the collections, since I had imported twice.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
My touch imported collections without a problem. Here is what I did. I opened my k3 in Calibre. I then sorted by whether the book was on the kindle and I added a tag TOUCH. I then disconnected the K3, Connected the Touch and copied over anything with a tag TOUCH. This included Amazon and non-Amazon books. I then imported collections and everything was perfect.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I could not get it to work, so finally I decided to just import books in batches of 100 and do a collections import between each batch. I was able to get this to work, although I had a few that didn't import. But I was able to fix them manually, which was better than trying to create collections on the entire list. I don't think Amazon designed the import to handle a large amount of books. Now I just have to wait for them to re-index so that I can FINALLY get to actually using my Touch.

Nyn
Old 11-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Here is an interesting thing, I put this post on the Amazon forums also hopeing someone there would be able to help me. I just got a call from an Amazon rep who saw the post and called to check to see if I was able to get it to work. Wow, my respect for Amazon just went up another notch.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
fuming
fuming began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

I a hope someone can help me because I am getting very frustrated. I spent the last few days updating and correcting my collections in order for them to be imported into my Touch. After I completed all that I loaded my 835 books onto the Touch, then tried to import the collections. They wouldn't work no matter what I did. I chatted with a CS rep and he said to either let it finish indexing, because this might be interfering or to wipe it back to factory default, import the collections, reload the books and then re-run import collections. I chose to go path #2. The importing collections worked when there were no books on it but when I try to report the collections after re-loading all the books they were not being imported into the collections which they belonged to. I know this process should work because I tried it with a second installation of k4pc on another computer with the same mobi files and it worked there. The process works on both the k4pc computers but will not work on the Touch. The Touch will have it's wheel spin for a minute or two but at the end there are no collections. Does anyone know if importing collections actually work on the Touch and what steps did you use? I would appreciate some feedback before I contact CS again to get a replacement.

Nyn
I have been having trouble with my kobo touch for 2 weeks now, first wouldn't connect to book, would stick on language preference, then it lost my page in book I was reading started at beginning. Now I am having trouble downloading books to reader will not sync. I have e-mailed several times to customer service & have phoned several times, only to be told they are having problems but nothing has been fixed. By the way the call center is located in St. lucia??? The last phone call made I asked to either send me a new reader or send me a refund,as I have only had it for 4 months, I am still waiting for a reply???
fuming
fuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuming View Post
I have been having trouble with my kobo touch for 2 weeks now, first wouldn't connect to book, would stick on language preference, then it lost my page in book I was reading started at beginning. Now I am having trouble downloading books to reader will not sync. I have e-mailed several times to customer service & have phoned several times, only to be told they are having problems but nothing has been fixed. By the way the call center is located in St. lucia??? The last phone call made I asked to either send me a new reader or send me a refund,as I have only had it for 4 months, I am still waiting for a reply???
fuming
Welcome to MobileRead. Unfortunately - you are in the the wrong forum. This is the Amazon Kindle forum and these posters are talking about the new Kindle Touch. I've bought many eBooks from Kobo but I don't know much about their hardware. You can find a forum of fellow Kobo Touch users here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/for...prune=-1&f=223
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Here is an interesting thing, I put this post on the Amazon forums also hopeing someone there would be able to help me. I just got a call from an Amazon rep who saw the post and called to check to see if I was able to get it to work. Wow, my respect for Amazon just went up another notch.
In regards to Collections, I ended up with a pukey kid this week so I was stuck at home and finally just spent hours correcting my Collections on the Device. All done now, but it is Indexing my books really slowly. I really haven't noticed much performance lag while it indexes though.

It still had about 800 left to do last time I looked at it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
They are amazing aren't they? I had one call me back at the end of the week just to see if my order was charge correctly. Amazon or Kindle support they are both tops in my book!

I have to ask what are you trying to import collections from? K4PC, K4 or K3?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They are amazing aren't they? I had one call me back at the end of the week just to see if my order was charge correctly. Amazon or Kindle support they are both tops in my book!
I agree which is one of the main reasons I stay with a company, if they give me good CS they get my business hands down. B&N lost me because of their continuous bad CS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have to ask what are you trying to import collections from? K4PC, K4 or K3?
I was importing from K4PC. When I spoke to the rep he said the problem was probably due to my having too many books on it at once. He said it was probably not designed to handle so many at once. It was a little frustrating but it got done, so that is what is important. Of course I really learned how dependent I was on the Calibre Kindle Collections plugin. I sure do hope that Meme can get it up and running one day because I do not want to go through this again and it was my hopes to start carrying around more books but I think I am going to stick to the same batch that my K2 carried around. Now off to decide which Audible files I want to upload. And by this time tomorrow I can get to read on my Touch instead of my Tab which has the battery capacity of a roach!

Nyn