Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
bruiselee
bruiselee began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone Stanza
Using Stanza and cant locate computer shared books.

Hi,
Im using Iphone Stanza to try to connect to calibre content server.

All im getting is a "Searching" under computers sharing books.

Calibre content server is started and running all along, im puzzled as to what is causing this, as i didnt have any issues before.
bruiselee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiselee View Post
Hi,

Calibre content server is started and running all along, im puzzled as to what is causing this, as i didnt have any issues before.
I have had this problem before, and I have to turn my iPhone off (using the top button--whatever that button is called!) and then back on. So now I just always turn my phone off and on before downloading from Calibre.

Hope this helps!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiselee View Post
Hi,

WiFi switched on?
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
bruiselee
bruiselee began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone Stanza
wifi switched on, tried rebooting as well.
no go
bruiselee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:38 AM   #5
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Can you view the calibre server page from Safari? Try http://your.calibre.ip.address:8080/opds (change "your.calibre.ip.address" to the ip address of the machine where you're running calibre, and "8080" to the port you chose -- 8080 should be the default, but if you changed it in calibre change it here. You also need to use /browse rather than /opds, as safari will probably attempt to redirect you to the reader.mac.com RSS feed reader, which will fail because an external internet site won't be able to hit a server inside your local network). If that doesn't work, the firewall on the calibre machine is probably blocking in-bound access.

If that does work, then something else is blocking the UPnP messages that Stanza uses to find calibre servers. You can either try to track that down (could be a firewall issue, could be network segmenting, could be something else), or you can manually add the calibre server to Stanza by putting in the http://.../opds url I mentioned above using the "Add Book Source" option (on the Get Books page, Shared tab, tap the "+" in the top right corner).

Last edited by toddos; 02-06-2011 at 05:41 AM.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote