Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-30-2023, 03:09 PM   #1
b3ta
Enthusiast
b3ta began at the beginning.

Device: none
E-reader forgetting wifi network (UK)?

Wasn't sure where else to post this... A few weeks ago both my Kobos suddenly couldn't 'see' our wifi network (TalkTalk), although it could still see the neighbour's networks. No problem up to that point. My housemate has just randomly told me her Kindle can no longer see it either. I've rebooted my devices (a couple of times), but it's still invisible. We haven't tried rebooting the router yet... could it be that TalkTalk have 'done something' to our network?

Edit: Fixed by rebooting the router.

Last edited by b3ta; 07-01-2023 at 06:05 AM.
b3ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 03:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hardware does fail. Why not reboot the router? That is usually the first thing to do.
Oh! Is your service payment current. Expired credit card info is a common issue.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2023, 02:48 AM   #3
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ta View Post
A few weeks ago both my Kobos suddenly couldn't 'see' our wifi network (TalkTalk), although it could still see the neighbour's networks. No problem up to that point. My housemate has just randomly told me her Kindle can no longer see it either. I've rebooted my devices (a couple of times), but it's still invisible. We haven't tried rebooting the router yet...
I've had it happen with my Kindle more than once. It could see every network for miles around (so it seemed), just not mine. Rebooting the router solved it every time.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 04:30 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3ta View Post
Wasn't sure where else to post this... A few weeks ago both my Kobos suddenly couldn't 'see' our wifi network (TalkTalk), although it could still see the neighbour's networks. No problem up to that point. My housemate has just randomly told me her Kindle can no longer see it either. I've rebooted my devices (a couple of times), but it's still invisible. We haven't tried rebooting the router yet... could it be that TalkTalk have 'done something' to our network?
Has the 2.4G WiFi been turned off? Some Readers don't support 5G so if it cannot see 2.4G, it won't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:05 AM   #5
b3ta
Enthusiast
b3ta began at the beginning.

Device: none
The router reboot did it! Nice and simple (phew!)
b3ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2023, 06:13 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Has the 2.4G WiFi been turned off? Some Readers don't support 5G so if it cannot see 2.4G, it won't work.
Additionally, if you're on 2.4ghz, a 'leaky' microwave oven can knock out the wifi.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-01-2023 at 06:15 AM. Reason: added a link
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 04:57 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are in the US with an old 3G only Kindle, then you have no way to do anything OTA as 3G is dead in the US.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:48 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are in the US with an old 3G only Kindle, then you have no way to do anything OTA as 3G is dead in the US.
3G is Not WiFi. (besides the poster was in the UK (TalkTalk is a UK ISP)

The issue the current user was having was WiFi. (turned out the router was just hung)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote