Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2023, 03:24 PM   #16
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Getting a good picture of a screen, especially with a mediocre smartphone camera, is not easy in my case. So I'll just list my settings and usage via text:

Paperwhite 3, firmware 5.9.4
---
Portrait orientation
Fully justified text
Minimum margins
Minimum line spacing
First line of paragraph: Indented
Extra space between paragraphs: None
Caecilia Condensed font
Font size: 6 (subject to change depending on how tired my eyes are)
Font boldness: 3
Bottom left shows: Time left in chapter
Bottom right shows: Percentage of book completed
Top shows: Nothing (no clock, etc.)
Daytime reading: Illumination turned off completely
Nightime dark area reading: Illumination set to 13 on a scale of 0 to 24
Airplane mode: 100% of the time, never goes online, sideload only
In transport: Inside protective neoprene case, screen against hard cased small tablet
In use: Naked device, no cover

Pretty much everybodys screenshots of their display look mostly identical. Except for @305869 - the font or the boldness or something there looks a little different to my eye.
is "Extra space between paragraphs: None" something you can configure on Kindle?
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:30 PM   #17
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is my Kindle PW SE, I do not have my Libra 2 with me at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	202052
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 03:34 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
is "Extra space between paragraphs: None" something you can configure on Kindle?
No. You can in some Android apps; for the Kindle or Kobo, you need to edit the css/html. Unless you use KOReader, I think (don't use it myself, so I'm not sure).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:38 PM   #19
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That is a Kobo Plus book and I'm not enthused about removing DRM to edit it.

Here's an epub image.

What font is that?
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:42 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is how I like to read. The font used is ChareInk6SP. It's ChareInk6 with a smaller space. The weight was upped using my Kobo. ChareInk6 and variations can be downloaded from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056

The left/right margins and line-height can be adjusted with sliders on my Kobo to make them larger or smaller as you like.

Name:	Libra 2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	202053

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-15-2023 at 03:45 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 03:45 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
Here is my Kindle PW SE, I do not have my Libra 2 with me at the moment.

Attachment 202052
What book are you reading that has a character named Murgatroyd?

Now I'm thinking of the flamboyant pink cougar Snagglepuss and one of his catchphrases "heavens to Murgatroyd, even!"
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:48 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Now I'm thinking of the flamboyant pink cougar Snagglepuss and one of his catchphrases "heavens to Murgatroyd, even!"
The book in question is Eversion by Alastair Reynolds.

Here is a list of Murgatroyd in books. https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=...2Murgatroyd%22
Old 06-15-2023, 04:05 PM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is how I like to read...

Attachment 202053
I like what I can see of the red case. I have navy blue cases on everything (except my Kindle which has a red fabric case).
Old 06-15-2023, 04:06 PM   #24
TheSmitty
Addict

Quote:

Yes! I thought the same thing. The book is "Eversion" by Alastair Reynolds.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:07 PM   #25
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here is a list of Murgatroyd in books. https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=...2Murgatroyd%22
Old 06-15-2023, 04:22 PM   #26
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are my settings on my Kobo Libra H2O. This is a Kobo Plus book, and it has left justification, which I prefer. It’s interesting that your Kobo Plus book doesn’t have it, DNSB. I guess it must depend on the publisher.

Old 06-15-2023, 04:32 PM   #27
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Here are my settings on my Kobo Libra H2O. This is a Kobo Plus book, and it has left justification, which I prefer. It’s interesting that your Kobo Plus book doesn’t have it, DNSB. I guess it must depend on the publisher.

Not sure why the pictures are not showing up on the website but show up fine in Tapatalk. I'll reupload later tonight when I'm at home.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:50 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
What font is that?
ChareInk6. The unweighted version with weight added on the Kobo.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 05:06 PM   #29
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My Kobo Libra 2....

The body is using whatever the default Libra 2 font is.
Headings are using Albertus Medium
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kobo.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	202054  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 05:27 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I like what I can see of the red case. I have navy blue cases on everything (except my Kindle which has a red fabric case).
The red case is a Kobo Origami case.