Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-06-2023, 08:59 AM   #1
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Search across Overdrive and BorrowBox libraries?

Hi all. I'm a member of several Overdrive libraries and several BorrowBox-using ones. Is there any easy way of searching for a book across all the libraries in one go? I use the overdrive.com website to search those libraries but I can't see a way of hitting the BorrowBox ones at the same time. Any suggestions gratefully received.

I use Calibre by the way if there's any cunning plugin that would do this for me.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:02 PM   #2
Parsley
Parsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I don't think it offers a direct search, but I really like the library browser extension: https://www.libraryextension.com/. It's very nice for browsing books on storygraph (or a long list of other websites) and being able to quickly see if it's in your local library. Not completely bug-free, but very useable and the developers are very responsive.
Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2023, 01:30 PM   #3
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
I don't think it offers a direct search, but I really like the library browser extension: https://www.libraryextension.com/. It's very nice for browsing books on storygraph (or a long list of other websites) and being able to quickly see if it's in your local library. Not completely bug-free, but very useable and the developers are very responsive.
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted as I'm usually looking at a book on Amazon and wondering if it's in a library. They didn't have one of the libraries I belong to so I've sent them a suggestion to add it.

Andrew
Old 06-06-2023, 08:54 PM   #4
Parsley
Parsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notesParsley can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted as I'm usually looking at a book on Amazon and wondering if it's in a library. They didn't have one of the libraries I belong to so I've sent them a suggestion to add it.

Andrew
Glad to be able to help! I also requested a missing library when I first started using it and they added it within a few days.
Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:50 AM   #5
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
I use Calibre by the way if there's any cunning plugin that would do this for me.
Overdrive Link does exactly what you want:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=187919
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2023, 01:25 PM   #6
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Overdrive Link does exactly what you want:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=187919
Thank you that's certainly close but it doesn't look like it covers BorrowBox libraries.

Andrew