Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-05-2023, 04:40 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's a bad time to visit bookstores or websites unless you hide your money/cards/passwords…
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:43 PM   #17
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Honestly, I never seem to have this problem. Do I keep a TBR list? No. Never have. I just pick a book and start reading. If I decide I'm not in the mood for what I picked, I set it aside, pick another.

If I'm between library books, I usually try out a freebie/new author I've picked up from Amazon. OR, and this is fairly common, I go grab a classic from Gutenberg.org or StandardEbooks.org. Or I re-read a book I love and I've already purchased!

I am "between books" in a different sort of way currently, I'm reading a library book on my Kobo, and a purchase on my Kindle.

The library book is a collection of stories, and I've been just bopping back and forth between the two books depending on my mood and whether my Kindle or Kobo is handiest.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 06:22 PM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I used to have that more than I liked. I live in a small town and access to bookstores was limited without driving at least an hour and a half. Now with so many books at my disposal I almost never have that feeling.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:41 PM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
If I can't decide what to read next, I will usually go back to a favorite of mine and reread that.

Actually that is what I'm doing right now. I have a ton of books to read but can't decide which one, so now I'm rereading The Pride series books 1-4 by Shelly Laurenston.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:50 PM   #20
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I keep a short-ish (usually somewhere between 10-20 books) 'to be read' list, culled from my far larger pile of shame. I also frequently add or remove books depending on my mood.

Of course, picking the next book from that TBR list can be a bit of a dilemma...
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 08:04 PM   #21
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
For me, it's not about wondering what to read next. I generally know what I'm going to read next. I have the BIG tbr, and the UP NEXT tbr. It's simply about finishing a book that I've been living in for awhile. It's an empty feeling. That's why I always make sure I have a slight investment in my next book, just those first couple of chapters.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:04 AM   #22
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I have a long Overdrive wishlist saved. these are books I know I already was interested in reading someday - mostly either books by familiar authors or books that looked interesting when I was reviewing my library's new additions. When I finish a book and don't have anything in particular in mind to read next, I'll look through the wishlist until something appeals.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 02:50 PM   #23
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
Well. I recognise that feeling!

Clearly it’s more common than I thought.
I don’t like it, though, unlike some. So I have a long TBR list. Usually the same author, until I need a change. But I don’t like to be without a good book to read; I really don’t!
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:54 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing to do is to let calibre randomly pick a book for you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:40 PM   #25
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing to do is to let calibre randomly pick a book for you.
Kind of a pain when I'm not at the computer, though
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:18 PM   #26
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I tend to have a general idea of the kind of book I want to read next. It can be kind of broad, like I want to read a lightweight, silly book. And as I get closer to the end of my current read, I start to narrow it down to a genre and think of books in that genre that I already have and would like to read. I've been doing this for years and never am at a loss for what to read next.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 07:40 PM   #27
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Nope. I always have one or two books lined up for next and immediately start them when I finish a book. Plus I usually have 2 or 3 in different genres going, so there is always a book in progress.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 03:43 AM   #28
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Does anyone else hate being between books, not knowing what to read next? [...]
Yep, definitely. I think that's why I used to like series, or authors with lots of books, because by default I'd just move on the next in the series or the next published. But these days I tend to jump around a bit more and that means I face this choice more often.

Via Calibre, on my ereader I keep a "To Read" list (a few hundred books) and I remove items from it as they are read. So I generally jump into that at some relatively random point and start scrolling until I find something that sparks my fancy/mood. And sometimes I fall asleep before the choice is made, so I get to try again tomorrow.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:32 AM   #29
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Yep, definitely. I think that's why I used to like series, or authors with lots of books, because by default I'd just move on the next in the series or the next published.
I need to put some space in between books of a trilogy, say, or even books of an author; nothing is more calculated to kill my liking than reading one after another. At best, I get sick of it and that's if the author's tics and tricks don't become overwhelming. I'd rather be a little fuzzy on the details of what happened in an early book.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:18 AM   #30
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I need to put some space in between books of a trilogy, say, or even books of an author; nothing is more calculated to kill my liking than reading one after another. At best, I get sick of it and that's if the author's tics and tricks don't become overwhelming. I'd rather be a little fuzzy on the details of what happened in an early book.
I often do as well, especially if it's a long series. Not always, but often enough I'll get bored reading the same type of thing for a while. Overall, I love series, but in between I want to read something else.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
between books, indecision, lists