Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Is it ever OK to loan an e-book to a friend?
Yes. If it's OK with paper books, it's OK with e-books. 30 54.55%
It's only OK under specific circumstances (please specify). 20 36.36%
No, it's not OK. Loans only work with paper books. 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2023, 11:53 AM   #61
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I take it you are talking about The Silent Majority?
Really the average American doesn't exist. Likely invented by marketing people. See also the pointless grouping of people by decade born (which is an abusive label), such as Boomer, Millennial, Gen X, GenY etc. Even more meaningless than abusive stereotypes like "She's a Karen", Gingers are fiery tempered etc (or whatever, England is very anti-redhead, maybe because historically they were Irish or Scottish in England), White, Black, Latino, Asian etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 11:56 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Well, if you are asking me: driving an SUV to a warehouse store to pick up three months worth of groceries to haul back to your McMansion.

I asked the Bing version of ChatGPT and it said: the “average American” is a white female, between 30 and 34 years old, with German ancestors. She has a net worth of $30,500 and a life expectancy of 79.3 years. She speaks English at home, has a high school diploma or higher, and is in the civilian labor force. She lives in a household with 2.60 persons and spends about 27 minutes commuting to work.
I don't know where this German ancestors come from and how do you get a .6 person?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2023, 11:56 AM   #63
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I do lend my van to my son 5-6 times per year around the end of a month. He has a group of friends who seem to have someone moving so he uses the van to help move the items that you don't want to trust to a mover. OTOH, he lends me his car when he has the van. I just wish that one day I would get into his car and the fuel gauge would not be flirting with empty.
Mama taught me better!
The Tank would always be FULL when I returned a relatives car. (I would pay that, if they made the run for me.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #64
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
...a net worth of $30,500...
That's like half of a car. I predict big problems ahead for our country if a 30 year old doesn't have any more net worth than that.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:34 PM   #65
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
That's like half of a car. I predict big problems ahead for our country if a 30 year old doesn't have any more net worth than that.
I hope you aren't implying ChatGPT got it wrong. Don't you know it's the future?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2023, 01:35 PM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't know where this German ancestors come from and how do you get a .6 person?
Hey, I have German ancestors, and I have a .6 person (she's twelve). Maybe ChatGPT was talking about me all along...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:43 PM   #67
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
According to the theory, people who watch F&F do not read. I just proved that wrong.
You did not read his post correctly. Nowhere in it was it said that "people who watch F&F do not read."

Try it one more time, a little more slowly.
Quote:
The fact that The Fast and the Furious is a ten-film franchise should be enough to tell you that Americans aren't big readers.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 03:54 PM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You did not read his post correctly. Nowhere in it was it said that "people who watch F&F do not read."

Try it one more time, a little more slowly.
Well, I am a big reader. So still, it's not correct.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:54 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hey, I have German ancestors, and I have a .6 person (she's twelve). Maybe ChatGPT was talking about me all along...
If she really is a .6 person, what parts are missing?
Old 06-01-2023, 04:01 PM   #70
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
If she really is a .6 person, what parts are missing?
I calculate out that she is actually 0.57 a person.
In the US the drinking age is 21.
In many other lands she would almost be a person already.

Last edited by Renate; 06-01-2023 at 04:55 PM.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 04:04 PM   #71
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Mama taught me better!
The Tank would always be FULL when I returned a relatives car. (I would pay that, if they made the run for me.)
I used to fill his car up before returning it but now I just put in half a tank or so. I tend to be paranoid about letting the tank drop below the half full mark on my vehicles. You never know when you are going to get stuck in a snow drift was one of my dad's favourite phrases.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 04:38 PM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, I am a big reader. So still, it's not correct.
You may be a big reader, but your comprehension skills are a bit to be desired. You keep practicing, though.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:52 PM   #73
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
...but your comprehension skills are a bit to be desired.
Oh, the irony. I think you just complimented him when you meant to insult him.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 08:44 PM   #74
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Nope. Definitely an insult. No irony involved.
Old 06-01-2023, 09:20 PM   #75
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
My cooking skills leave a lot to be desired.

<Eats canned peas directly out of the can.>
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote