Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-28-2023, 09:43 PM   #31
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Again, your experience and mine are different.

I too use the magic plug in, not ADE. I purchase and download my requisite three books a day, download the files which are named URLLink.acsm, URLLink(1).acsm and URLLink(2).acsm. I drag and drop those acsm files into Calibre and boom! Three different ePubs automagically appear in Calibre. No download rename or anything.

Test it with three already purchased books and see if I am incorrect.

I also use the plugin. The samerthing happens to me as it does to you.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:21 AM   #32
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I use the ACSM Input/DeACSM input plugin for Calibre.

For a bit of irony, this makes it a tiny bit easier to add the ACSM files than a non-DRM'd ePub -- as the ACSM is associated with Calibre manager, clicking 'open' will automagically put it in the library and run DeDRM.

Meanwhile, the ePub is associated with the Calibre viewer. So I need to save it, use the SendTo menu to put it in my library, and then delete it afterwards.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM   #33
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I use the ACSM Input/DeACSM input plugin for Calibre.

For a bit of irony, this makes it a tiny bit easier to add the ACSM files than a non-DRM'd ePub -- as the ACSM is associated with Calibre manager, clicking 'open' will automagically put it in the library and run DeDRM.

Meanwhile, the ePub is associated with the Calibre viewer. So I need to save it, use the SendTo menu to put it in my library, and then delete it afterwards.
I have to drag 'n' drop both. Is there a way to set the ACSM plug-in to auto import those files, the way the Kindle one does?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:32 AM   #34
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
I have to drag 'n' drop both. Is there a way to set the ACSM plug-in to auto import those files, the way the Kindle one does?
I have no idea what is easier, but I use "add books" and choose the acsm files (or ePub if it's already downloaded). Then ePub downloads to the library.
I may be showing my ignorance now, but I have seen you guys mentioneing that you "drag and drop" and it confuses me. To where do you drag and drop? (Yeah, I am a very basic Calibre user! Keep my library organised and fix some metadata. That's about it.))
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:34 AM   #35
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you're using Windows, set the ACSM files to 'open with' the Calibre library manager (not the viewer!) and to always use in future.
Advert
Old 03-30-2023, 11:35 AM   #36
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I may be showing my ignorance now, but I have seen you guys mentioneing that you "drag and drop" and it confuses me. To where do you drag and drop? (Yeah, I am a very basic Calibre user! Keep my library organised and fix some metadata. That's about it.))
From file manager (in my case, XYPlorer) to the main Calibre program. Dragging onto the details pane gives the option to add the file to the existing book, and into the book list will always add as new book.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:50 AM   #37
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
If you're using Windows, set the ACSM files to 'open with' the Calibre library manager (not the viewer!) and to always use in future.
That works on Linux too in the file Manager
But I save it first in the browser. I don't believe in the browser "opening" files to an application. Mailto and Telegram links will open the appropriate program, but files are always saved (and location & file name both prompted).

Last edited by Quoth; 03-30-2023 at 11:54 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:51 AM   #38
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
From file manager (in my case, XYPlorer) to the main Calibre program. Dragging onto the details pane gives the option to add the file to the existing book, and into the book list will always add as new book.
Just figured that out myself! Well, I'm going to stick to "add books". Much easier than drag/drop for me. No need for the File explorer to be open and no dropping files ahead of time. Super easy!
Old 03-30-2023, 12:06 PM   #39
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

There's also the autoadd folder but I stopped using that because it wasn't always reliable.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:07 PM   #40
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

Is there a reason you guys use drag'n'drop instead of "add books"? To me "add books" is pretty close to one-click once I've told it to go look in my download folder (one-time setting, but can of course be changed if needed), but maybe I'm missing something. I do have to go to my download folder and delete files at some point though. With drag'n'drop, is that not necessary and that's why you do it that way? (I'm genuinely curious, so I'm not at all "challenging" the choice.)
Old 03-30-2023, 01:30 PM   #41
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

To avoid constantly having to navigate between different folders. Right now, Add Books is set to the B&N Nook download folder in AppData. When I download something, it goes to D:\Downloads\Unsorted.
Old 03-30-2023, 01:49 PM   #42
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

Ah! That makes perfect sense! I just use my download folder and once the book is in Calibre I don't keep it anywhere else. But I can totally understand why you do it differently. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2023, 02:54 PM   #43
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Using... I forget which of the plug-ins, it will watch over the folder that K4PC downloads to. If there are book files, it will import them to Calibre and delete them from the K4PC folder. It's nice because I don't have to do anything. This isn't a special plug-in I added. It's (I think) a function of one of the deDRM plug-ins.

I was hoping to duplicate that behavior. Have Calibre monitor my downloads folder and if there's an ACSM, import it. (It does delete the ACSM from downloads when it imports, so that is handy.)
Old 03-30-2023, 03:01 PM   #44
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Is there a reason you guys use drag'n'drop instead of "add books"?
My Kobo ACSM and ePubs download to the Windows Downloads folder, which I almost always have open. I usually also have Calibre open as well. So dragging is easy.

With add books, I have to navigate to the Downloads folder. And I get confused with 'Add books from a single folder' and 'Add from folders and sub-folders'
Old 03-30-2023, 05:58 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I also use Add Books, as I don't have Windows Explorer open all the time. I have pretty poor coordination and don't really like using drag&drop at all, because often enough I drop something in the wrong place.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote