Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #76
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v1.9.2!

Mainly a bunch of bugfixes around OpenType/TrueType rendering, as well as adding the ability to inhibit eInk refreshes, in case you want to do a bunch of things in quick succession.
Oh, and support for negative margins in OT/TTF rendering to make it easier to align stuff to the bottom/right edges .

As mentioned earlier, this also introduces Python & Lua bindings, for when shell scripting can't quite cut it anymore . And in the spirit of helping people to avoid having to set-up a cross-compilation toolchain, here's a LuaJIT binary .
Attached Files
File Type: gz LuaJIT-v2.1-kobo.tar.gz (388.3 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-29-2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Refresh binaries
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #77
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Hi NiLuJe,
I just like to mention that I cannot get the fbink cml tool v1.9.2 to work. Are there any steps necessary apart from installing KoborRoot.tgz? The only response I get is 'fbink: line 1: syntax error: unexpected "("'.
v1.9.1 is working fine.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2018, 12:24 AM   #78
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tshering: Huh. That's weird, that vaguely sounds like a completely mangled binary.

I'll double-check the package. There's also a vague chance I (yet again) broke shared builds .
Old 12-16-2018, 04:08 AM   #79
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
how did you solder that 64bit cpu into your kobo... wow : - )
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:36 AM   #80
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@tshering: Huh. That's weird, that vaguely sounds like a completely mangled binary.

I'll double-check the package. There's also a vague chance I (yet again) broke shared builds .
I just tried the latest build, and it's doing that too no matter how I attempt to run it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #81
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I managed to build a package with my native TC, didn't I?

EDIT:
Code:
usr/local/fbink/bin/fbink: ELF 64-bit LSB pie executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, stripped
Where's my Darwin award?!
Old 12-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #82
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I just tried the latest build, and it's doing that too no matter how I attempt to run it.
I think Frostschutz already hinted at the cause of that.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There, updated the first post with proper arm binaries .

Sorry about that, I have *no idea* how I managed to eff this up like that... .

EDIT: Made sure it wouldn't happen again... .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-16-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:31 PM   #84
tshering
Wizard

Thank you! I like fbink very much!
Old 12-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #85
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And released v1.9.3!

With actual working binaries! . Errm.

Fairly minor fixes, mainly handling rotation on the Forma in button_scan, and right-padding support in the fixed cell codepath.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:12 AM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.0!

With a few fixes & features .

Imported the Terminus font family, because why not ;p.
Fixed a stupid regression (since v1.9.3) that could cause undefined behavior with certain unicode codepoints and the default font.
Allow requesting hardware dithering (provided the device actually supports it, i.e., Mk.7+ devices), mainly useful for images when you're not sure they're preprocessed properly .
Updated the UTF-8 routines, should be safer, and a tiny bit faster. Invalid UTF-8 sequences will now be *rejected*!
Old 02-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.1!

Mainly a hotfix release to fix yet another default font scaling regression (since v1.8.0): the default font size was a tad too large on 6" 300dpi devices (i.e., the Glo HD & Clara HD).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #88
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.2!

A minor maintenance release, which does include a fix for extra kerning being applied to fonts with both a GPOS kerning table and an old-style kern table.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.10.3!

A few fixes with OT/TTF rendering in some corner-cases (overlapping pixels, glyph clipping on line edge), as well as an actual fix for kerning, since I utterly borked it in v1.10.2... -_-".
Old 02-21-2019, 04:14 PM   #90
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.11.1!

A few minor performance improvement on 32bpp fb in some cases, a minor rounding fix to progress bars that affected some devices, fixed the CLI tool to allow a clear screen without specifying a string, and a few new fonts .