Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
chorton
chorton began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Odd Temp File issues

Hi all,

I've been using Calibre for years. It's hands down the best ebook management software I've used in any capacity. I've used it without issues until very recently.

I have installed the latest version but noticed that after I imported my Calibre Library, it suddenly started creating temp folders that were getting enormous. When I say enormous, I mean one was 500GB enormous. It continued to eat up my hard drive until there was nothing left.

I do have a large Library (35GB), but have NEVER had this issue. I haven't seen anything on the forums at all. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice?

Thanks!
chorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I use the CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR environment variable to give calibre a dedicated location for is temporary files (C:\_Calibre\Temporary). Occasionally something will be left behind, often as not an empty folder, rarely even megabytes never gigabytes.

Why did I do that? A year or two ago I was getting a quite a few small calibre_xxxxxx folders left behind in the standard TEMP location - mainly from conversion.

I have one library that's almost 700GB, but I don't do conversions or ebook-editing on that library, its just a repository.

Try giving calibre a private temp folder - at least you'll be able to monitor it closer.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert