Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #1
Calibrefan
Enthusiast
Calibrefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Kobo Aura Calibre plugboard question

I just switched from my Sony PRS-350 to a Kobo Aura. For the Sony I had a Calibre plugboard to handle the epub book series which worked great. I tried to do the same for the Aura but found that it didn't support "device_db". Can someone please help me to adapt and get this Calibre plugboard up and running on the Aura?

Existing plugboard: device_db
Device: PRS505

Existing plugboard:
{author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f} Destination field: author_sort
{author_sort} {series:| - | } {series_index:05.2f} Destination field: authors
{series} {series_index:05.2f||-}{title} Destination field: title_sort
Calibrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I use the same plugboard for my Sony 350 and for my Kobo Glo. I'm assuming the Glo will use the same setup as the Aura.

Where you have "device_db" and "PRS505" for the Sony, change those two items to "epub" and "KOBOTOUCH" for the Aura and use the same info you have for the plugboard.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #3
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Ripplinger. I've done as you said and the new plugboard is now active. However, I just came accross another obstacle as I tried to update the metada on the Aura with the help of the Kobo Utilities, "Update meta data in device library", configured as follows: Metadata to Update: Title (use title sort), Author (use author sort), Series and index, Use plugboard. This got me the following error though. Any suggestions please?

calibre, version 1.43.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'

calibre 1.43 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 698, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2992, in _update_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'
Old 07-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I don't use that plugin myself (I much prefer standard epubs). But in the meantime until someone else familiar with the plugin reads this, I would first delete the book from the Aura, and then resend it to the Aura in the usual way. If the plugin still gives an error, try swapping the plugin back to the standard one that came with Calibre and delete the book and resend it again to see if it still gives an error.

It's been awhile I had to delete and resend a book, but if I remember correctly, I think it was suggested you disconnect the reader after deletion, let it index, and then reconnect it again to resend the same book to the device.

The results of this might be helpful to pinpoint where the issue is coming from for others to help out.

Edit: Another thing to try is to change what you have entered in the Title area for the series index. As an example, this is how mine reads:
{title} {series_index:|[|]} {series}

Possibly Kobo readers don't like the {series_index:05.2f}. Try using only what I have for the series_index and see if the error is still there.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 07-04-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
Thanks for the info Ripplinger. I've done as you said and the new plugboard is now active. However, I just came accross another obstacle as I tried to update the metada on the Aura with the help of the Kobo Utilities, "Update meta data in device library", configured as follows: Metadata to Update: Title (use title sort), Author (use author sort), Series and index, Use plugboard. This got me the following error though. Any suggestions please?

calibre, version 1.43.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'

calibre 1.43 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 698, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2992, in _update_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'series_index_string'
That's a bug in the plugin. There is an error in handling the series index when the plugboard option is used. I'd say it doesn't get triggered much because most people have the series info being set by the driver and hence the code is rarely reached. I'll fix it and post the update later today.

OK, I have fixed the plugin and posted it. Calibre will pickup the change in the next hour or so.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-04-2014 at 10:18 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Calibrefan
Enthusiast

Calibre picked up the new plugin nicely and this time it worked great. All the series are mentioned correctly now! Thanks very much Ripplinger and davidfor for your help in getting my Aura up and running!!!