Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
SonjaD
SonjaD began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
metadata plugboard not doing anything on kobo touch

Hi all,

I've been trying to get the title field of a book also say the series and number in that series by using the metadata plugboard. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work at all.

Currently I've set it to:
Format: any format
Device: any device
Source template: some text
Destination field: title

As far as I understand this should change the title to "some text". I've tried before with {title} {series} and things like that, but since I couldn't get that to work I figured I'd make it as easy as possible. Alas, still no success.

I have set calibre to automatically manage metadata and I can see that part is working as it is creating shelves automagically. Both the kobo touch (2.5.2) and calibre (0.9.39) have been updated in the last week so I should have the latest versions.

There's probably an option or preference I've missed somewhere but google can't help me. If anyone has an idea it'd be much appreciated!
SonjaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not using a metadata plugboard at the moment, but I know other people are and they are working. I did just test a simple set the title to a text string and it worked fine here.

The only thing I can think of is that you are sending a book to the Touch that is already on it. If so, the file will get updated, but the Touch will not reprocess it to read the metadata. To do this, you will need to delete the book from the device and then send it again. My Kobo Utilities plugin can update the metadata separately, but it doesn't use the metadata plugboards when doing this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
SonjaD
SonjaD began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The only thing I can think of is that you are sending a book to the Touch that is already on it. If so, the file will get updated, but the Touch will not reprocess it to read the metadata. To do this, you will need to delete the book from the device and then send it again. My Kobo Utilities plugin can update the metadata separately, but it doesn't use the metadata plugboards when doing this.
Spot on. I assumed that sending the new meta information to the kobo would change the titles, but indeed this does not happen unless a new book is uploaded. So, the solution is to remove the books from the kobo and resend them.

Thanks!
SonjaD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo touch, metadata plugboard