Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2017, 06:05 PM   #2566
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=264432
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:50 AM   #2567
mfirewire
mfirewire began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
the hotfix does not work on kpw2 after upgrading to 5.8.7.0.1
mfirewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2017, 02:33 AM   #2568
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfirewire View Post
the hotfix does not work on kpw2 after upgrading to 5.8.7.0.1
It is not the firmware version that is the problem.

If you did not apply the hotfix BEFORE the upgrade, you get to start over.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:46 AM   #2569
mfirewire
mfirewire began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is not the firmware version that is the problem.

If you did not apply the hotfix BEFORE the upgrade, you get to start over.
Yes, I try to restart the device again. The JB is alive. No need to reinstall the hotfix.

I also tried to copy the hotfix again, the device can not recognize it. The device reported "Update Error. An invalid update file has been loaded on your device" which indicate the hotfix. I just white to remind who update the latest firmware ver. 5.8.7.0.1.
mfirewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:54 AM   #2570
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfirewire View Post
Yes, I try to restart the device again. The JB is alive. No need to reinstall the hotfix.

I also tried to copy the hotfix again, the device can not recognize it. The device reported "Update Error. An invalid update file has been loaded on your device" which indicate the hotfix. I just white to remind who update the latest firmware ver. 5.8.7.0.1.
Are you using MrPI to install the hotfix package?

That is: put the hotfix package in the /mrpackages directory and then trigger MrPI.

It is only the factory's internal-use-only firmware that can load it from the visible root of the USB storage.
Consumer firmware versions MUST use MrPI (read Step #8 of the current jailbreak for more details).
Advert
Old 03-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #2571
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
need help with usbnet :-(
was all working fine... i enabled the auto run on boot and now i have all white and can't use kindle
(ssh works i tried to remove the "auto" file, ssh down but same result)
i read somewhere (don't remember where) about this possible bug ...
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:07 PM   #2572
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
need help with usbnet :-(
was all working fine... i enabled the auto run on boot and now i have all white and can't use kindle
(ssh works i tried to remove the "auto" file, ssh down but same result)
i read somewhere (don't remember where) about this possible bug ...
Try getting in with telnet to get rid of the 'auto' file.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:23 PM   #2573
Trigun
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try getting in with telnet to get rid of the 'auto' file.
already removed the file rebooted still blank screen (but i can see the kindle as storage data)
i tried to create again auto and ssh works
now i'm again in storage mode but still white
Old 03-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #2574
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
already removed the file rebooted still blank screen (but i can see the kindle as storage data)
i tried to create again auto and ssh works
now i'm again in storage mode but still white
Remove the 'auto' file (so you can access user storage) -
Add the "do factory restore" (you will have to search for the exact uppercase filename - that is what it means, not what you name it) -
Reboot.

Keep in mind that your device is old enough to be having hardware problems (battery, eMMC mostly) and that a OTA update was pushed to Kindles starting very recently.
So it is entirely possible that you have a partial update, which would corrupt the 'main' system.
'Diags' should still be alright, if you have Rescue Pack installed you should be able to switch to the 'Diags' system.

Last edited by knc1; 03-12-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:34 PM   #2575
Trigun
Connoisseur

boring :-( i'm flashing ...
i was hoping for a "fix" without lose all :-)

i'm waiting for PW4 before change this :-P
Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #2576
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
boring :-( i'm flashing ...
i was hoping for a "fix" without lose all :-)
Your way past that point.
Your choice now is maybe a working Kindle or spare, used, parts.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #2577
Trigun
Connoisseur

oh is working and i didn't lost anything :-) (i think only root)
i just downloaded the firmware from amazon and uploaded on kindle :-) maybe USBNET wasn't the problem (i was playing with xdotool and other stuff for remote control kindle :-P )

i'll go to bed before i do other dmg (2.40 am here :-) )

Last edited by Trigun; 03-12-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #2578
Trigun
Connoisseur

ok is xdotool that "brick" the kindle after reboot...
is normal ?

flashing firmware again :-)

ok solved ^^ 1 lib file was broken

Last edited by Trigun; 03-13-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #2579
Trigun
Connoisseur

i'm trying to use busybox httpd (for open a webserver on kindle) inside the usbnet/bin but i always get error 403
it's me or is a old version of busybox?

Last edited by Trigun; 03-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #2580
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
i'm trying to use busybox httpd (for open a webserver on kindle) inside the usbnet/bin but i always get error 403
it's me or is a old version of busybox?
It probably isn't included in the default build of Amazon's busybox.

Is it included with the USBnetworking package?
NiLuJe puts a lot of "extras" in the USBnetworking package, and I don't keep track of them all.
Or is this something you built or got from somewhere else.

Maybe it is not lying to you, perhaps the document you try to access isn't in the web root.
Check those things.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch