Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
File Removal Issues

On a quest that has resulted in over 20 factory image resets, I have been working on cleaning up my Nook. Attached is a batch file that removes a number of stock files in the Nook as well as enables 3rd party app installs. Some of the current issues I am facing are:

-Reading Now doesn't like to work without 'a' Home.apk installed (it works with mynook.ru's apk replacement)

-I can't find a way to remove the Wi-Fi icon (my goal here is to have Wifi Locker replace it, and when I need to access wifi, I can manage through Settings)

-I can't find a way to remove the pre-configured hotspots from the wifi list.

Thats all I can think of at the moment that I am having trouble with. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

(Oh, and I am certain I will do another 60 resets before I am finished. And I had heard of a method to make a Nook Color *I think* reboot the proper number of times, but I couldn't get it to work on my classic. If anyone knows a solution towards making factory resetting easier, I will be very thankful )
Attached Files
File Type: bat remove_native_files.bat (3.5 KB, 179 views)
jackr is offline   Reply With Quote